Engineering Project Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What You'll Do
As part of the Core Hardware Group (CHG), you will interface across Engineering, Product Marketing and Operations teams to support strategic planning and meetings management (e.g. scheduling, preparations, follow-ups). You will develop critical process workflows and policies within the Program Management Office (PMO) and with partners. You will contribute to the evolution of our program planning methodology and lead the creation of formalized program plans. You will oversee key components of highly visible/complex projects from start to completion (e.g. support scope, schedule, budget, metrics, risk management). You will support team communications and data reporting, content development (e.g. digital presence, deck-building) work for monthly/quarterly cadences and the Virtual Team community.
Who'll You'll Work With
Being a part of the PMO team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to deliver products to market that directly benefits business outcomes. The Project Specialist is an integral part of the cross-functional program team that will develop the plans, processes, and rigor that are needed for delivering complex systems on time and within budget while meeting all required quality standards.
Who You Are
You are a forward-thinking, creative, driven Project Specialist, with good communication, process creation, and data/business analysis skills. You have strong organizational skills, with attention to detail. You will perform extraordinary support role in the PMO team. You help oversee multi-functionally in various types of meetings, take notes, follow-up on actions. You work well independently, as well as, you are a teammate who excels by building relationships. You love learning new skills or honing existing ones.
You make things happen!
- Bachelor's degree in business and/or related technical field.
- Superb communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to management and team members.
- Ability to develop process workflows and synthesize data to support planning frameworks and reporting.
- Solid multi-functional, virtual management skills (coordinate work sessions, and progress/status meetings).
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and support multiple projects/timelines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge of tools like BOX, Smartsheet, Jive/IBM Connect pages, that allow for virtual teamwork.
- Project Management certification is a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.