Engineering Program Manager 1381183
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
We are looking for an outstanding technical program manager to join our team. In your role you will work across engineering, product management and marketing teams to plan, execute and launch Cisco’s newest products.
Who you are:
- You thrive in ambiguity: You help the team’s navigate uncharted territory and bring clarity and order to set a course for growth. You are adept at handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are a strong executor. You lead by example for your project teams with fast-paced execution, learning from new information and adjusting accordingly.
- Your stakeholders trust you implicitly. You maintain strong working relationships with your project teams, leaders and a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Work closely with product management and engineering to scope, prioritize and plan out complex projects. Manage and oversee the critical path and coordinate implementation of roadmap program plans.
- Define and assign project outcome metrics. Regularly review with stakeholders & hold teams accountable.
- Manage the schedule, assess & mitigate risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and deliver successful outcomes for new products.
- Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- You will define “just enough” process to accelerate time to market and maintain the startup culture
- Provide ongoing program status readouts for all levels of the company
- Quickly develop a working understanding of the technical domain to effectively support technical risks that may arise
- Define & evangelize repeatable processes to improve technical operational efficiencies.
- Mentor and coach other program managers
- Past experience working in a startup during a heavy growth cycle
- Bachelors degree in related technical field
- 8+ years of technical program/project management experience with working knowledge of agile software development processes
- Experience with JIRA, Smartsheet
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver software projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executives
- Ability to solve complex problems through research and analysis
- Experience defining KPI’s used to drive businesses outcomes
- Experience in cloud native and/or edge technologies
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.