Engineering Product Manager
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
Cisco Network Experiences (NE) is responsible for delivering world-class Wireless product portfolios, which provides enterprise class self-optimizing highly secure wireless with an awesome user experience.
Cisco Enterprise wireless platform team is searching for a highly motivated, articulate and results-driven Product Manager to run the Wireless Controller platforms Cloud and drive the evolution of the Cisco Wireless Large campus archietcture through the entire product lifecycle, including product definition and segmentation, pricing and forecasting, and product launch.
Who You'll Work With?
You'll interface and work with all facets of the dynamic business, both inbound and outbound, including HW and SW development, supply chain, and customer service as well as field sales, channel partners, and customers. You need to be able to persuade various stakeholders from engineers to business leaders and executives by pivoting between deep technical knowledge to savvy business insights in Enterprise wireless portfolio. This role will influence the future of Cloud Networking for the entire industry - an era of Wi-Fi6E/7 that will move us to Fast mobility, High throughput – HD applications, Robotics, AR/VR and Vehicle to Vehicle communication.
Who You Are:
· You are responsible for long and short-term Cloud product vision based on user needs and platform engineering strategic vision, business case, and delivery analysis
· You will act as the central point for aggregation and coordination of strategy and priorities for architects, engineering leaders, and product managers relating to the Cloud transformation for Controller, Controllerless and Cloud solutions .
· You have experience with Cloud computing platform including AWS, Azure, GCP .
· You have extensive experience in networking wired or wireless.
· You have extensive experience working with APIs, interfaces
· You will work collaboratively with the development teams to drive technical solutions
· You will be the evangelist for the platform strategy, working with internal and external developer and partner community driving long term platform roadmap
· You will have a strong view about UX, delivering Cloud Scale applications and approach to Fail Fast and continuous delivery for Web, Mobile, Cloud eco-system
· BSEE/CS or equivalent plus 5 – 10 years related experience in networking technologies and applications
· 5-7 years Technical Marketing, Product Management, Solution Architect experience
· Technical or MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
· In-depth knowledge of Cisco and competitor technologies and industry trends
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of the function
· Strategic and creative thinker with strong business insight
· Ability to lead, create and execute within cross-functional team environments
· Ideally defined product and go to marketing strategy for Wireless and Networking products
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Technical degree in either Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
· Strong plus having CCSP, CISSP, CCSP, AWS Solution Architect certification
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We’re a Wireless company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break. We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.