Engineering Product Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What you’ll do
- · Provide simplified compliance solutions to engineering teams by partnering with policy owners and by optimizing and digitizing existing processes
- · Define Business requirements by preparing wireframes, writing and reviewing user stories for the development team.
- · Work with SME’s in identifying technical best practices and providing them easy to implement recommendations across engineering teams.
- · Perform role of a business leader for the program by collaborating with engineering leaders and mentoring team members
- · Work with engineering teams to gather early feedback, analyze them and convert appropriately into business requirements and prioritize.
- · Collaborate with CPDM (Cisco Product Development Methodology) team to prioritize and define roadmap for the product.
- · Liaison between Engineering, Policy and Product teams to ensure end to end implementation, transition and adoption of the product.
- · Actively contribute and participate in planning, business reviews and Scrum meetings.
- · Assist the engineering teams by providing inputs in support collaterals, SharePoint pages and timely guidance.
Who you'll work with?
We are part of Enterprise Networking & Cloud Operations. Our team is responsible to drive large scale operational change across Cisco Engineering. We own the entire lifecycle of a program from investigate to sustain to EOL. We partner with multi-functional teams to define policy, process and tools required for successful adoption.
Who you are?
A problem solver with attention to details. Naturally curious about how things work. Driven by continuous improvement, teamwork and achieving outcomes.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or relevant field
- Experience of 7+ years in a fast paced and high technology environment.
- Experience in project management tools and techniques. Understanding of Agile Scrum or Kanban process
- Understanding of Technical concepts such as Telemetry, API’s, Serviceability and controls across industry desirable
- Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills. Ability to influence and lead outside of organization and across roles and functions.
- Can do demeanor, focus on results, and high self-motivation/direction
- Experience working in an Engineering Organization is a plus. Excel Skills, Agile, and/or Customer facing interactions are preferred but not required.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!