Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who we are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the Customer & Partner Experience Engineering (CPXE) group is transforming how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CPXE organization is the team that is in the epicenter of developing modern, cloud native technologies in support of the evolving CX Product portfolio. To lay hold of this exciting vision, we are looking for top talent to deliver high performing, distributed engineering teams that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What you'll do
As a Software QA Manager, you will need to have a comprehensive understanding of software development and best practices, especially in the area of software quality assurance in an engineering setting. Day to day management activities include touching base with direct reports, ensuring that employee needs are met around resources and escalations, oversee the process related aspects of ensuring ISO compliance with our documentation across all projects.
In particular you should have an engineering background with a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and at least three to five years of work experience as a manager or in a comparable role as a technical leader. This is a mature test team that questions everything and is very good at what they do. You should have the background and knowledge to be able to engage with the team around topics such as testing methodologies, best practices, as well as being familiar with test automation, including languages and frameworks.
* Engaging with the management team around evaluations and performance of the team.
* Understanding the needs and priorities of our projects and properly staff them as needed. This includes the processes around hiring and movement of individuals between projects. We are a dynamic group in which individuals may be assigned two projects at a time and they need the visibility around priorities and priorities change.
* Test plan activities such as reviews, sign off, and commit approvals for staffing.
* Have the ability to spot areas of improvement in both processes and individuals to help them achieve their career related goals.
* Provide budget funding requests as needed.
* Participate in the engineering support activities as needed for our most critical environments on an on-call basis.
* Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives.
* Experience working in a team environment with a documented software development process; ideally, within an Agile methodology like Scrum.
* Ambitious and talented individual who enjoys hard problems
* Should have the thirst for developing products of the future using the latest technology
* Work well in a fast paced dynamic environment
* Critical thinking and big picture understanding
* Good communication both verbal and written - able to work well with remote teams
* Flexible and adaptable: Ability to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly adjust staffing and understanding new technologies as well as adopting new methodologies.
Required Technical Skills
* GitHub or GitLab or experience with another Code Repository
* Familiarity with Jira
* Familiarity with AWS
* A comprehensive understanding of REST based web services
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix
* Proven Experience in Agile/Dev Ops Environments
Desired Skills beyond the requirements
* Angular 2.0 and above
* Mongo DB and other Databases
* Python or other scripting language
* Java Script / Node JS
* Cloud Security
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!