Engineering Manager - Webex for Service Providers
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
How do you connect with people every day? Do you chat? Make calls? Join Meetings? Have you ever had trouble connecting to audio, or video from a meeting room? Have you had a hard time coordinating with your team around a common goal or initiative? Cisco’s Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is at the forefront of redefining Cisco’s SaaS businesses with our industry-leading collaboration technology.
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. We are uniquely positioned to make it amazing using our complete portfolio and our leading market position in calling. Our next goal is to redefine how people work and companies connect, where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You will do
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a production environment. Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Lead and strengthen a team of engineers in delivering the product. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Institute development standard methodologies to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code
- Estimate , create delivery schedules, set and meet milestones , manage change and be able to communicate clearly on delivery dates
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
Who You Are
We’re seeking a hardworking and experienced technical leader that has intentionally transitioned to people management and is looking for a new challenge.
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. /M.Sc. / M.Eng. or equivalents in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent fields, with an emphasis on software engineering and design.
- 10+ years proven experience in software development with 1-2 years' experience in a people leadership role
- You improve engineering team culture wherever you go
- You create opportunities for your team members to grow.
- You take pride in delivering when you say you will
- You value finding the right solution more than using your solution.
- You are always looking to improve how work is done.
- You make sure everyone understands how their work ties into the bigger picture.
- You value tempo over perfection, but know when to obsess about the details
- You have a strong technical background in SaaS and are unafraid to ask questions
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of a team with a mission to deliver experiences which will transform the workplace experience and you will regularly engage with customers to ensure your features hit the mark! Our product development team comprises product management, user experience design and engineering and you will work seamlessly with colleagues from around the globe using the same ground-breaking collaboration technology that you help to build every single day. You will be mentored by industry leading specialists in building scalable high-performance platforms and services at cloud speed and you will bring your experience to help others grow too.
The Collaboration Group here in Galway is growing from strength to strength and you will be at the centre of a workplace culture that has been recognised as Irelands #1 Great Place to Work in 2020.
These will be an advantage in the role
- Software Development and Coding in one or more of Java, C++, Node.js & Python for large-scale server side, real-time systems
- Experience with RESTful APIs, multi-threaded programming and event driven design
- Experience with Spring Framework including Spring Boot
- Very good skills in debugging software in complex environments
- Experience developing microservices for Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications
- Be capable of doing deep technical analysis while also providing ten-thousand-foot view.
- Strong knowledge of containerisation technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes
- Strong test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco