Engineering Manager, Webex Calling
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
WHO We are:
The Cisco Collaboration Engineering team is part of the Cisco Collaboration Technology Organization, which is a $5 billion dollar business that is a global leader in providing Collaboration solutions that are changing the way people communicate and work from anywhere. 95% of Fortune 500 companies use Cisco Collaboration with over 290,000 customers globally.
Tomorrow's world-class collaboration products are developed in-house at Cisco Galway, and now we are searching for the right person to join our team. The Webex Calling Engineering Team is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our teams in building our next generation VOIP Calling SaaS solution.
WHAT You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of large scale, distributed, multi-threaded SaaS applications
- Lead and grow a team of engineers in delivering the product. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Own, operate, and maintain our team’s services in a production environment. Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- Project planning including supporting estimation, scheduling, resourcing, dependency and risk management activities
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Collaborate with core product developers, multi-functional engineers, product management and program management
- Institute development practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code
WHO You are:
- 5+ years in an engineering management or technical leadership role
- Have a passion for delivering high quality software and show a complete sense of ownership for delivery of the product.
- Experience managing dependencies between different products and coordinating across multiple functional groups
- Strong collaboration skills with an ability to drive alignment across all the functions and roles that make for a cohesive team
- Have good written and oral communication skills, are a go-getter
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. /M.Sc. / M.Eng. or equivalents in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent fields, with an emphasis on software engineering and design.
These will be an advantage in the role:
- Experience leading a team that has built Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS or PAAS applications
- Knowledge of Cloud IaaS / SaaS technologies and platforms including but not limited to containerization technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes, Logging and Observability platforms such as ELK, Prometheus, Graphana
- Experience in automating release, continuous integration/deployment system, and relevant tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Ansible etc)
- Knowledge of Voice and Video protocols such as SIP, SDP, RTP etc.
- A growth mentality, we are Learn-it-All’s not Know-it-All’s
At Cisco Galway you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world.
You will join the Webex Calling team, known for exciting, fast-paced, innovative and agile engineering culture. We offer a competitive combination of compensation and benefits including five days to dedicate to volunteer work, a day off on your birthday, good pension benefits, insurances and, of course, joining Cisco Ireland which has just been voted Irelands Best Place to Work 2021 for Large Business, and Best Workplaces for Women 2021.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.