Engineering Manager, Passwordless Authentication - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Alternate LocationDetroit, Michigan or Austin, Texas, or US Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — redefining the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What You'll Do
As the Engineering Manager for the Passwordless Authentication team you’ll be responsible for growing and supporting the team who takes Duo’s passwordless solution to market. We are removing passwords from the equation around identity and access management. As a leading Multi-Factor Authentication provider, Duo is positioned to use our existing expertise to help organizations realize true Passwordless MFA.
Who You Will Work With
As a servant leader, your role is to bring out the best in your team by removing barriers, sharing a compelling vision of the future, and fostering an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. You will use your equally strong people, operations, and technical skills in championing a user-first product engineering approach and leading your team from behind.
We value ownership, empower autonomous thinking, and emphasize software craftsmanship. We live our values through a development culture of openness and collaboration. We prioritize team success highest and tend to swarm on sprint work to meet our shared goals.
Who You Are
- Experience leading software engineering teams and successfully shipping best-in-class SaaS apps.
- Expertise defining goals and planning activities, conducting weekly 1:1s and quarterly talent reviews, building and supporting professional development plans, managing rewards and promotions, accelerating individual growth and career opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills used to align teams, groups, and our organization.
- Get people excited! Make sense of the work your team does and how it fits into the success of the company.
- You are technical but won’t be writing code, instead allow your team to stand on your shoulders by providing them with effective professional development and coaching.
3 Reasons this job is for you…
- You thrive having autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You work best within a conscientious team that is passionate about a common goal.
- You are happy when end-users are happy and frustrated when they are frustrated.
If this role and the security field is exciting to you, we encourage applying even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. If you have been an effective technical contributor to software projects and can show consistent examples of having led others, regardless of role or title, apply.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!