Engineering Manager - PaaS
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who We Are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of todays businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for software engineering and technology visionaries to join the DNA platform team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact? Are you pumped about making billions of connections happen? Will you be our next hire?
What you will do.
- Hold regular one-on-ones with your team, provide ongoing coaching and mentorship, write performance evaluations, and lead compensation planning.
- Maintain a focus on team execution and development. This includes leading project schedules and identifying risks in an environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. You will set commitments, deadlines, and high standards for the team.
- Collaborate closely with engineering peers, product managers and partners from across the business to plan roadmap, features, and timelines.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure transparency as you drive forward
- Seek consensus and assistance from other engineering teams to build cross-product features and/or infrastructure Breaking down and prioritizing lists of product requirements into smaller, deployable features
- Work closely with your product manager to develop new features in our Investigate product
- Bachelor's degree in CS/related field or commensurate experience
- 3+ years experience leading direct reports
Who you are
You enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a take-charge / attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency.
You will have:
- 7+ years of meaningful work experience in software development with some experience prototyping, shipping and iterating on a new product or complex feature
- 3+ years of experience in leading the team end to end
- Experience building cloud-based systems, SaaS, distributed systems, HA concepts and implementation
- The ability to influence, facilitate discussion and work in partnership with other teams. You are persuasive, patient and compassionate
- A strategic and product oriented mindset with a deep desire to understand users
- A Passion for learning about networking and cloud technologies
- Excellent prioritization skills.
- Experience working closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- Experience with Agile software development implementation.
- Ability to roll out agile processes and concepts to a team. Act as scrum master, product owner, etc.
- Experience Working with continuous integration and automated testing systems
- Experience building RESTful APIs in a production environment
- Experience with deploying software with Jenkins and Puppet
- Experience deploying infrastructure in AWS (EC2, ELB, VPCs)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!