Engineering Manager, Hardware & Firmware Security
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
The Business Entity
The Security and Trust Organization has corporate-level responsibility for customer data protection and compliance, corporate information protection, and government and product security. Security is a key concern of our customers and a top investment area for Cisco. Join us and help us become the #1 Trusted IT Company in the World.
Become a member of Cisco’s Foundational and Government Security team! Cisco is looking for an energetic, innovative, and self-starting Engineering Manager, Hardware & Firmware Security to lead the mission and teams responsible for enabling Cisco’s business through developing and deploying common hardware and firmware security technologies across Cisco’s entire product portfolio. The Foundational and Government Security team seeks to increase product security and trustworthiness across Cisco's product portfolio through development, integration, and deployment of reusable software and hardware solutions and through certification of products through global governmental standards.
Role & Responsibilities
The Foundational and Government Security team seeks an experienced engineering manager to lead the development and integration of hardware and firmware security protections.
- Build, maintain, & support a team of strong team of hardware and firmware engineers developing and integrating technology into Cisco’s product lines.
- Develop and maintain prioritized threat and mitigation roadmap, development priorities, and implementation plans.
- Educate product teams on threats, potential solutions, and assist their integration of the technologies.
- Engage with and keep abreast of industry to determine technology trends, solutions and develop partnerships to solve Cisco’s security challenges.
- Drive programmatic engagement with Cisco’s product teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps and jointly plot course to increase portfolio’s posture vs. expected standards.
- Develop & support internal and external requirements and supporting collateral to facilitate development of secure by default systems.
- Build cross functional teams with peer development, operations, and manufacturing organizations to create and maintain sustainable processes for securely delivering and tracking adoption of security technologies.
- Engage with and present to upper management to educate and inform of current goals, initiatives, challenges and opportunities.
Identify opportunities to differentiate and create competitive advantages for Cisco in selling to government entities based on product security capabilities.
Skills and Requirements
- Passion to be part of an industry leading team; and the vision & drive to take initiatives to the next level.
- Hardware and firmware development experience (FPGA design/verification, board layout, BIOS/bootloader, system architecture, and system verification).
- Hardware & Firmware Development management experience; development lifecycle, planning, project management, engineering methodologies.
- Strong communications - verbal and written; Cross-functional leadership
- Understanding of security related technologies, concepts and implementations (e.g. integrity assurance, cryptography, authentication & authorization schemes, encryption, PKI)
- Team leadership, team development, personnel development, coaching, & mentoring.
- Broad understanding of Cisco’s product portfolio.
10+ years of product development, quality assurance, or product certifications.
B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.