Engineering Manager, Cloud Success
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Engineering Manager, Cloud Success
What You'll Do
As a member of the Cisco Enterprise Engineering Cloud Success team, you will provide outstanding support for our growing client and partner base. You will enable the team to meet case closure goals, serve as the technical point of contact for team members with both networking and procedural questions, and aid in minimizing the impact of sophisticated and severe problems.
Who You Are
You will guide your team to solve problems in wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported to us by Cisco Cloud customers and partners.
Facilitate your team's ability to work on customer cases from initial creation to resolution.
Advise our teams toward successfully closing the most complicated and high profile cases.
Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers both orally and in writing.
Demonstrate your ability to build positive relationships by working with other teams to diagnose and resolve cases, overcome procedural shortcomings, and address mutual concerns.
Build and maintain reporting tools that demonstrate team strengths and weaknesses.
Identify patterns and obstacles that affect productivity, raise awareness of such issues, and implement solutions to the problems.
Coordinate the schedules of your workforce for optimal staffing.
Conduct weekly one on one meetings, periodically conduct performance reviews and advise in compensation changes.
Encourage candid feedback and collect ideas from your team with regards to organization improvement.
- Typically requires BS or MS EE/CS
- Certifications (eg: CCIE, CCNP, ITIL, Virtualization, GCP, AWS)
- This position requires extensive collaboration with multiple technology groups during planning and execution, excellent teamwork skills are very important.
- General cloud technologies, networking, wireless and security expertise.
- Good understanding of testing process, testing concepts and methodologies including
- Preferred in public cloud environment - AWS
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible or Terraform or CloudFormation
- Knowledge on scripting (Python, TCL, etc)
- Preferred understanding experience with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge on CI/CD tools like Jenkins/AWS Code Deploy
- Passion for learning and teaching network technology and standard methodologies.
- Ability to focus on multiple high profile customer concerns at one time.
- Mature and calm demeanor.
- Passion toward mentoring individual team members toward both short and long-term career goals.
- Deep understanding in account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.