Engineering Leader, Internet Insights
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Manager on the Internet Insights team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions that provide visibility into core Internet Infrastructure including ISPs, DNS providers, IaaS, CDNs , SaaS providers and trace the impact of macro scale Internet events to individual users and enterprise networks connecting at the edge. These events include outages, routing hijacks and leaks, DDoS attacks, political interference, among others.
- Have led a team of 4 - 8 engineers, and have 4+ years of software engineering management experience
- Can provide strong technical vision for your team and ensure consistent delivery on objectives
- Have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams to execute on shared goals
- Have 5+ years hands on experience building enterprise software products, especially those that use distributed system architectures
- Have experience building products, and have successfully taken significant enhancements and features from inception to production
- Are a strong proponent of Agile software methodologies, such as Scrum, and engineering principles such as Test Driven Development
- Understand how to balance tactical needs with strategic growth and quality-based initiatives that can span multiple quarters
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.