Energy and Sustainability Analyst
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAtlanta, Georgia
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
- Help manage Cisco’s global utility program including budgeting, accruals, variance tracking, bill management and deregulated energy procurement
- Troubleshoot utility bill issues and review/monitor existing utility processes to improve and enhance program, balancing cost savings opportunities with budgetary risk
- Help Cisco achieve its renewable electricity and net-zero GHG reduction goals
- Manage Cisco’s global utility and sustainability information system and processes, identifying and carrying out opportunities to optimize data collection and reporting
- Help develop Cisco’s annual greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory, complete 3rd party verification and respond to external reporting requirements including CDP and Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
- Support team members developing and executing programs related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, building controls and sustainability across Cisco’s global real estate portfolio
- Solicit and share best practices with business units, sales teams, Cisco partners, and third parties
Who You'll Work With
- Reports to the Global Energy Management and Sustainability (GEMS) Team Manager and works closely with global utility and sustainability program managers
- Interfaces with senior management and comparable peers within Workplace Resources and across a broad cross-functional organization
- Partners with service providers and external parties
- Influences business operational excellence thru collaboration and innovation
- Delivers solutions that are well integrated within own function and enterprise, which employ technologies, platforms, or services that are scalable across all functions
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, building science, environmental studies or equivalent
- Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Energy Manager In-Training (EMIT) or equivalent desirable
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience, demonstrating growth in a forward-thinking and fast paced environment.
- Has experience with managing a utility program including utility bill review/management, supplier/vendor setups, and deregulated energy procurement
- Has a basic understanding of energy management, building technologies and sustainable building operations
- Understands financial fundamentals including creating a business case
- Communicates complex issues simply and concisely
- Collaborates to ensure overall team alignment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We Are Cisco.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.