Enablement Engineer (Mexico City) - ThousandEyes
Location:Offsite, Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
About ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated, results-driven Enablement Engineer to join our Professional Services team. As an Enablement Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer experiences and delivering innovative solutions to help our clients succeed. This role's primary responsibility is to engage our internal team and with customers to enable them on ThousandEyes: product training tutorials, event analysis, and transfer of standard methodologies. This is an excellent opportunity to work with innovative technology and grow your career in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment. You'll need to be a versatile person who's polished and easy to put in front of a wide variety of customer roles.
- Deliver customer-facing consulting services to clients, including requirements gathering, solution design, implementation, and post-implementation support
- Provide expert guidance and advice to customers on standard methodologies for using our products and services
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and sales, to ensure customer success
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key customer stakeholders, including technical and business leaders
- Deliver training and enablement programs to customers to help them get the most out of our products and services
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new technologies and bring new ideas and approaches to the team
- A standout "customer first" attitude
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years proven experience in a professional services or customer-facing consulting role
- Project management and consulting experience
- Firm grasp of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/JNCP, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products
- Experience maintaining or implementing LAN/WAN environments
- Familiarity with web technologies (deployment, maintenance, debugging) including REST APIs
- Strong understanding of technology and its applications in the enterprise
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. If you are a highly motivated and results-driven individual, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.