Employee Relations Consultant
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)RTP NC only alternative location
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You’ll Do
You'll be a member of a dynamic Americas Case Management (ACM) team that delivers Employee Relations (ER) shared services for the Americas. You will be a consultant coaching leaders, employees and HR colleagues on all matters pertaining to ER such as performance management, leave of absences, workplace accommodation, workplace concerns resolution and policy violations investigations. You will be responsible for the complete ownership of cases, including but not limited to, engaging the relevant partners and advise on potential solutions. You will apply general knowledge and understanding of ER, Cisco’s Code of Business Conduct, performance coaching, and related policies.
Who You’ll Work With
Our team is made up of an experienced group of ER subject matter experts who deliver ER shared services for the Americas. The team is located across the U.S. (primarily San Jose and Raleigh, North Carolina aka Research Triangle Park), with one employee located in Canada. You will find the ACM team delivers solutions for a broad range of workplace and employee issues in a respectful, impartial and consistent manner that will result in employee trust and confidence.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Human Resources professional with a strong ER investigations background. You have broad knowledge of employment-related state and federal laws, with a focus on harassment, discrimination and retaliation prevention, and excellent communication skills, both oral and written. You have proven experience in collaborating and supporting business objectives. You demonstrate the ability to work independently with confidence. You are excellent at multi-tasking and exude a calm and confident demeanor.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelors and 5+ years of related ER investigations or HR experience preferred
- HR Certification recommended
- Ability to successfully influence and communicate with all levels of employees.
- Ability to influence other functional areas within or outside of HR for handling ER-related cases.
- Excellent problem-solving, tact, and conflict resolution are critical success factors to the role.
- Strong communication skills and working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Role location option limited to San Jose, CA or Raleigh, NC
- Able to support negotiations, addressing and supporting Cisco team members in difficult circumstances.
- General knowledge of federal and related state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, ADAAA FLSA, Title VII, CFRA, etc.) and Cisco workplace practices and policies and know how to apply this knowledge to case management and resolution.
- Role model tactfulness, integrity, objectivity, collaboration and compassion.
- Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple cases simultaneously.
- Be able to effectively handle a challenging caseload, reprioritize cases as necessary, resolve cases with minimal escalations and continuously deliver against tight deadlines.
- Successfully partner, engender trust and establish credibility with all key constituents including the broader Employee Relations team, Line Management, and HR managers and business partners.
- Exceptional communication skills essential (verbal, listening and written). Consistent track record in operating as part of an all-star, collaborative team.
- Ability to assess potential risk and know when an escalation or notification to Legal or other relevant parties is needed
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.