Employee Relations Consultant (French Speaker)
Location:Issy Les Moulineaux, France
Alternate LocationAnywhere in South Europe or the UK; Rome, Italy; Milano, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Porto, Portugal; Lisbon, Portugal; Paris, France; London, United Kingdom; Athens, Greece
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Employee Relations ensure all are heard, supported and treated with respect & dignity within a conscious environment. We are champions and supporters of Cisco’s Conscious Culture, we promote fairness, trust and integrity, mitigate risk for Cisco, and have a strong partnership with our ecosystem to scale to deliver the best employee experience.
We are looking for a high potential, high-energy and visionary Employee Relations professional to join us to be our ER Consultant in the EMEAR team, focused on our South Theatre which includes France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Israel and Greece.
Who You Are
- Have strong levels of empathy, patience, understanding, listening, and openness.
- A strong team player whether taking a lead or getting stuck in with doing what needs to be done.
- Have the ability to influence People & Communities and Business Leaders individually and collectively, and courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address. You are comfortable acting in the face of resistance in the best interest of the company.
- You are an intuitive, systems-focused thinker with strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- You identify opportunities and don’t wait for permission; you take action and deliver to success.
- Proven experience of building trust and strong relationships with leaders and teams.
- Ability to communicate succinctly with all levels of the organization.
- Excited about ER and the opportunities ahead!
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to:
- Providing expert consultancy, support, and advice on ER matters.
- Resolving ER issues across the region in collaboration with People & Communities SME’s and Leadership.
- Providing timely, skilled support with the least amount of touchpoints.
- Partnering with external legal advisors to resolve highly complex ER issues and legal challenges across the region.
- Using mediation, facilitation, influencing, and coaching skills to support managers and employees with early dispute resolution as needed.
- Responding effectively to ER queries escalated by People Support and ensure all cases are monitored and tracked in the ER case management system.
- Providing expert support and advice on ER matters in acquisitions and restructuring.
- Contributing and driving global ER projects to support the design and improvement of the ER model.
If you thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic, environment and are as comfortable ‘rolling up your sleeves’ to provide real-time support, as well as thinking about how we can develop creative solutions to complex business and HR challenges then we want to hear from you!
- You must possess a keen interest for European Employment law and should be passionate about delivering and improving Employee Relations within a complex and challenging global matrixed environment. This role is part of the wider EMEAR People & Communities team that supports c13,500 employees.
- You are an ER Specialist or generalist HR Manager with several years of experience managing complex ER cases.
- You speak fluent French or Portuguese and English, at a professional level. Other languages (relevant to the region) may be considered.
- You have solid knowledge and direct experience of employment law in EMEAR countries.
- You are highly pragmatic and are able to make decisions with limited information.
- You are credible, confident, have experience of dealing with senior leaders and can collaborate effectively across all levels within a matrix organisation.
- You are qualified to Degree level or equivalent experience.
- You get on well with others and are fun to work with!
What You'll Do
You partner with business leaders, the Country Leadership Boards, ambassadors and the People & Communities eco-system to drive engagement, collaboration and country innovation. You influence both internal and external communities and are responsible for co-designing and executing solutions and execution of HR strategies, initiatives and programs within the country. You have a deep understanding of the business landscape, external market insights in region and country, and Cisco’s people agenda.
- Co-design and execution of employee engagement, inclusion & collaboration and other country level people and culture initiatives
- Collaborate closely with the local Works Council
- Co-ownership of complex country compliance and legislative requirements
- Execution against benefits strategy for country, in collaboration with partners
- Influence strategy and execute cross-functional projects e.g. restructuring, mergers, acquisitions and divestiture
- Drive local Cisco Brand strategy
- Support Employee Relations escalations
- Be the in Country "face" for Cisco at Customer/Government/Legislative Meetings, Conferences, etc. Host, influence the agenda, create engagement opportunities for executive and partner visits at Cisco.
Who You Are
- You are a trusted HR consultant, advisor & coach
- You have country knowledge and local HR expertise
- You have experience of building great relationships with a local Workers Council
- You have business acumen and demonstrate effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- You are a critical thinker with strategic agility
- You have the ability to work dynamically and collaboratively
- You have sound judgement and are able to manage ambiguity
- You are a change catalyst with the ability to influence
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.