Employee Experience Event Strategist
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)SJ is strongly preferred - Remote
Area of InterestHuman Resources
About The Team
Want to join a creative, diverse, and fun team who consistently delivers value? Employee Experience and Communications is the place for you. Together, we’re committed to bringing Our People Deal to life—that’s the culture we create every day. We help identify what employees want and what information they need. We share what Cisco expects in return.
In Employee Experience and Communications, our unmistakably authentic and actionable language connects employees with Cisco’s purpose and principles. We actively listen and employ data to craft how we communicate, shape, and amplify content to inform our community.
We host events, activities, and forums to engage and inspire employees. We certainly have fun discovering new ways to entertain them, too.
The team is made up of event and communication experts who are committed to connecting with employees and growing our ambassadors. We help employees at Cisco understand our purpose, our work, and our vision. We aim to retain and attract top talent by promoting Cisco as one of the “Best Places to Work”.
What You'll Do
You’ll bring the company strategy, purpose, and culture to life in an engaging and inspiring way for our employees through a blended approach of in-person and virtual events.
You’ll lead the event strategy, collaborate with internal teams to shape the content framework, and lead the team in successfully executing the employee event experience. You’ll be the connector who ensures that we deliver a connected, inspiring, and engaging experience for our employees across multiple platforms.
- Be responsible for the employee event experience strategy to include goals, objectives, onsite experience design, and measurement. Present to the core team, vendors, and key stakeholders
- Use data to understand audience sentiment, engagement, and leverage key insights to shape the event experience. Pivot for performance improvement
- Use our event platform to strike the perfect balance between the technology narrative, the culture narrative and what’s in it for the employee
- Engage cross-functionally and globally with Executive Administrators, Executive Communications Managers, and business/portfolio stakeholders to drive engagement, alignment, and integration of key messages, launches/announcements, business strategy, and culture in the event design and content strategy
- Partner with the Event Technology Lead on the integration of digital throughout the event experience
- Provide oversight across all areas of event planning and execution
- Prepare and deliver the pre-event briefing overviews and briefing materials to event sponsor(s), their teams, and Employee Experience and Communications leadership
- Accountable for program-specific delivery:
- Lead the creative process and the delivery of the event look and feel
- Manage the development of the agenda
- Review and provide feedback on all event communications
- Manage the event content process
- Recommend and secures hosts and presenters
- Provide feedback on the event budget (led by event manager) and remain informed and up to date on the spend
- Develop and send post-event reports
Who You Are
People describe you as a skilled, proven, and passionate event professional who embraces the creative process and is constantly looking for ways to innovate. You love understanding the business and bringing that vision and strategy to life in events. You understand and value delivering a connected, inspiring, and relevant experience. You’re dedicated to delivering the same high bar experience to our in-person attendees as you are to our virtual attendees. Good enough isn’t in your vocabulary.
You continuously look for ways to improve the integration and alignment of cross-functional teams and delivery of an extraordinary attendee experience. You don’t say “this isn’t how we do it here” because you are always looking for how we can do it better or different. Your quality bar is very high and your attention to detail is like no other. You feel comfortable advising and influencing senior leaders. You are both strategic and tactical.
You’re experience includes:
- 10+ years as an event strategist
- Designing innovative, connected, and inspiring event experiences
- Managing and influencing the creation of the event content framework
- Executive engagement and working with executive teams
- Planning cross-functional and global events
- Managing details, big and small
- Solving problems
- Communicating clearly and with intent
- Using data to improve event experiences
Who You'll Work With
You will partner across teams and geographies in a highly collaborative and cross-functional way. Your daily engagements will be with members of the employee event experience team, our newsroom and editorial teams, our executive leadership teams, our internal event production team, our IT team, and brand.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!