Employee Experience Event Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
About The Team
Want to join a creative, diverse, and fun team who consistently delivers value? Employee Experience and Communications is the place for you. Together, we’re committed to bringing Our People Deal to life—that’s the culture we create every day. We help identify what employees want and what information they need. We share what Cisco expects in return.
In Employee Experience and Communications, our unmistakably authentic and actionable language connects employees with Cisco’s purpose and principles. We actively listen and employ data to craft how we communicate, shape, and amplify content to inform our community.
We host events, activities, and forums to engage and inspire employees. We certainly have fun discovering new ways to entertain them, too.
The team is made up of event and communication experts who are committed to connecting with employees and growing our ambassadors. We help employees at Cisco understand our purpose, our work, and our vision. We aim to retain and attract top talent by promoting Cisco as one of the “Best Places to Work”.
What You’ll Do
You’ll bring the company strategy, purpose, and culture to life in an engaging and inspiring way for our leaders and executives through a blended approach of in-person and virtual events. You’ll lead the successful planning and delivery of these events and act as the glue that keeps all the moving parts connected. You will own and deliver the event logistics and daytime operations for our leader and executive events. You will partner very closely with the event experience strategy lead to ensure the delivery of the event is in alignment with the overall event strategy.
- Own the successful execution of the event logistics
- Be the hub and master coordinator for all things logistics
- Manage the event specific budget and report out on the status of spend
- Manage the day to day operations and engagements with our internal partners and external suppliers
- Accountable for event operations such as:
- Develop, own, and maintain the event project plan
- Schedule and lead planning meetings
- Track progress against deadlines and chase those who are delinquent
- Coordinate show flow and technical rehearsals
- Schedule and secure all venue/room locations
- Manage event alias to respond to inquiries/issues
- Run required reports
- Accountable for the coordination and management of all event logistics to include but not limited to:
- Room logistics—Catering, signage, décor, and giveaways
- Volunteers—identify volunteers, communication, training, and lead day of operations
- Regional leads—identify the room hosts, communication, training on requirements for a successful day of operations
Who You Are
People describe you as a skilled, proven, and passionate event professional. You love the process of bringing vision and strategy to life in events. You understand and value delivering a connected, inspiring, and relevant experience. You are dedicated to delivering the same high bar experience to our in-person attendees as you are to our virtual attendees. Good enough isn’t in your vocabulary. You continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency of the planning cycle, integration and alignment of cross-functional teams, and delivery of an exceptional attendee experience. You don’t say “this isn’t how we do it here” because you are always looking for how we can do it better or different. Your quality bar is very high and your attention to detail is like no other. You feel comfortable advising and influencing senior leaders. You are both strategic and tactical.
You’re experience includes:
- 8+ years as an event manager
- Managing events logistics ranging from small to large scale, internal to external
- Planning cross-functional and global events
- Managing details, big and small
- Solving problems
- Communicating clearly and with intent
- Using data to improve event experiences
Who You'll Work With
You’ll work with the event experience strategy lead, external event vendors, and internal partners on the planning and execution of our executive and leader events. You’ll partner with finance and procurement. You’ll remain closely connected to the employee event experience strategy lead and event experience communication and registration manager to ensure the strategy, communications, and delivery are all connected and fully aligned.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!