Employee Development Program Manager 1322465
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationResearch Triangle Park, NC
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You’ll Do
As the Talent Program Manager in Client Experience Services, you will have broad responsibility for learning & development for the organization.
As the Talent Program Manager, you will:
- Lead the refinement and execution of our learning and development strategy while collaborating with key stakeholders to understand ongoing L&D needs
- Deliver L&D programs that address critical skills gaps. This may include designing, building the program yourself or working with other resources
- Provide quarterly metrics that track and report on effectiveness of the L&D strategy and employee engagement initiatives, including business impact and return on investment
- Partner with groups across Cisco to understand what is happening at the corporate level and ensure that CES employees get access to company-wide initiatives
- Partner with internal departments regarding training, professional development, and engagement initiatives. Work across functions to build plans, align resources to functional plans, support customization and cross-functional sharing.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the business, using appropriate vehicles and messaging. You will share best practices - within own group and across the company
Who You'll Work With
This role is within the Strategy & Planning team for CES. We are a small and effective team with ownership of the centralized functions that serve the 1000+ population, including communications, L&D, talent and business operations. You will develop collaborative relationships and be an expert consultant to key business partners, subject matter experts and corporate learning resources.
Who You Are
You have the ability to work cross-functionally and you have a demonstrable track record of making things happen with a “customer first” mentality. You are resilient with execution and delivery and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments where you make key decisions. You are passionate, dedicated, highly capable and excel in a large organization that defines, manages and grows their talent through engaging people programs. You are successful with program implementation and cross-functional collaboration. You have a track record of taking ownership for broad initiatives and leading them end-to-end to completion.
Role Requirements & Competencies:
- BS / BA degree in a related field or equivalent working experience
- 10-15 years experience in people development, group facilitation, and/or training design along with project/program mgmt
- Post-graduate work in organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, organizational behavior, adult learning or equivalent, highly desired
- Ability to apply Adult Learning and Org Development concepts to design and delivery
- Direct experience in designing and delivering people programs in a business environment (including practical application of organization development and/or talent management principles)
- Direct experience building impactful programs in high-growth technology companies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to lead multiple priorities and meet deadlines
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!