Emerging Talent Program Manager
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationOpen to other US locations
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Our purpose is to power an inclusive future for all. To help customers connect, secure and automate to accelerate their digital agility in a cloud-first world. In order to do this, our people strategy has a strong focus on talent. That means you.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As the Emerging Talent Recruiting Program Manager you will be a part the Americas University Recruiting and Emerging Talent team. You will partner with the business and recruiting leads to build talent solutions that allow our businesses to expand beyond universities and attract talent from non-traditional learning paths. Our mission is to increase their access to diverse populations while also supporting underrepresented communities.
Who You'll Work With
You will partner with your peers, the Talent Identification and Attraction (ID&A) team, business leaders and program managers across all functions, hiring managers and external strategic partners including education and non-governmental organization (NGO) groups. You will also partner with the Learning and Careers team to ensure that our talent solutions are set up to both attract and develop talent to obtain the skills needed to be successful at Cisco.
Who You Are
You are passionate about helping individuals find their 1st or next career opportunity. You are an advocate for fairness, inclusion, diversity and social justice. You enjoy building a company through talent and building communities through development and career opportunities for individuals. You are a partner who loves understanding your customer’s needs and problems and finding solutions to meet the challenge. You enjoy building and innovating while also leading large scale programs. You build strong relationships and demonstrate effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
The Impact You Will Have
- Pursue, build and develop new channels for attracting diverse talent and next-gen skills outside of traditional 4-year universities i.e. community colleges, apprentice programs, returnships, bootcamps, etc.
- Partner with recruiting leads to disrupt current processes as well as leader expectations in order to modify GPA and Bachelor’s requirements while supporting peers in building solutions for recruiters to evaluate talent consistently, with data and without bias
- Partner with business leaders, universities, and external partners to help develop diverse populations for future careers in technology
- Continually improve & evaluate current and potential diversity recruitment practices, ideas, opportunities, and affinity partnerships to increase ability to source diverse candidates
- Advocate of change; influencing the mindset shift within the business as we make a big change in terms of our approach to talent and how we recruit and develop our talent.
Our Minimum Qualifications
- 6+ years of program management experience with 4+ years focused on inclusive hiring and recruiting programs
- Corporate recruiting experience preferred.
- Experience effectively implementing strategic programs and driving key initiatives.
- Expertise in program management and the ability to prioritize workload and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan and execute programs with cross functional stakeholder groups in a corporate, NGO or education setting
- Experience managing business relationships with diversity & community organizations and/or recruitment vendors
- Demonstrated passion for diversity, inclusion and supporting diverse talent across the full-spectrum of diversity
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders and drive them towards particular hiring goals
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree required
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool. Pop culture geek - Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.