Emerging Network Support Engineer Intern (Helpdesk, IT, Computer Science) - Summer 2021 Internship (Meraki)
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
Summer Internship (May - August 2021, full-time) in Chicago, IL
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
At Cisco Meraki, our Network Support Engineering team troubleshoots cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, cameras, switches, and Systems Manager application!
The Emerging Network Support Internship allows individuals to explore the wonders of Networking by rapidly developing an understanding of networking fundamentals through structured classroom instruction, Packet Tracer exposure, labs, and troubleshooting scenarios instructed by a Meraki Intern Instructor/Mentor.
With a steep learning curve and a fun, challenging work environment, our interns come out of the program with a deeper understanding of networking, stronger problem-solving skills, and a mastery of customer support.
- Participate in and successfully complete structured classroom workshops specific to core CCNA preparation administered by a Meraki instructor
- Work through lab assignments via Packet Tracer, NetAcad labs, and Meraki troubleshooting labs to learn the fundamentals of networking and troubleshooting
- Gain an understanding of the networking field by participating and engaging in various courses
- Assist with lab testing work as needed for Meraki products
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Meraki Knowledge Base
- As you near the end of your internship, begin gaining exposure to researching and resolving issues reported by Meraki customers and partners
- Junior or senior pursuing a bachelor's degree with a computer science, information technology, networking, systems administration, or a related field from an accredited university. Individuals already graduated or pursuing a master’s degree will not be considered
- Hardworking and interested in exploring the Networking field
- Passionate to assist and problem-solve with customers
- Able to strategically and critically think about how to look for solutions, willing to be pushed outside your knowledge areas, and eager to learn and find solutions
- A strong communicator and problem-solver
Preferred experiences within helpdesk, technical call center, desktop support, or past networking experiences preferred, but not required
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.