Email Security Support Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is the focal point for resolution of customer technical issues. We are a worldwide organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that craft and make a positive impact on the customer experience.
The email security team within cloud support provides technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for email encryption and email infrastructure security to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers helping to independently troubleshoot & debug product problems. TAC is the first to face with challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. As such all roles have a technology learning curve that never ends.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical support for Email Security products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Work on challenging network problems that require good technical, analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Utilize lab to recreate and solve problems in moderate to complex network environments.
- Share knowledge with other people by writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
- Collaborate across the board with colleagues in locally and the entire global support team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of fundamental network infrastructure concepts.
- Experience with Linux.
- 3 to 5 year's practical experience in configuring, supporting and troubleshooting networks.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- Active listening skills, and ability to think creatively.
- A current Cisco certification is required.
- Ability to drive and achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Prior experience in designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting email security products, firewalls or similar systems.
- Understanding of email protocols (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, ESMTP) and security protocols - SSL, IPSEC, ACL, and security policies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience deploying physical product or appliance.
- Prior experience in a technical support capacity.
- Experience with shell scripting (such as Python & Java) and/or experience with FreeBSD.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco