Electroacoustic Development Engineer
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Cisco plays a crucial role driving next generation innovations in cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers developing our products from ground up and together we span all product development disciplines. We are seeking an experienced electroacoustic engineer with a real passion for audio quality to join us in the team. Fresh graduates with excellent academic records are also encouraged to apply. You will be part of a team of 20 enthusiastic developers working within the fields of software development, audio signal processing, and acoustics.
What you will do:
- Design loudspeaker and microphone solutions for telepresence endpoints
- Solutions can include single channel, multichannel and beamforming concepts
- Closely cooperate with industrial designers, mechanical and electronics engineers in cross-functional project teams
- Follow-up solutions from concept development to final product
- Ensure high audio quality in the final product
- Perform laboratory and real-life testing using state-of-the-art equipment (Klippel, Audio Precision)
- Travel to visit suppliers and production partners
- Follow industry developments on international conferences and trade-shows
What we look for in you:
- Have a passion for audio quality and product development
- Education and experience in electroacoustic development
- Solid understanding of audio signal processing
- Excellent academic record
- Creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good English verbal and written skills
- Experience in mechanical design, electronics design or software development will be appreciated and useful, but is not a requirement
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
- Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value risks thinking it’s better to try and fail than not try at all.
- A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and extraordinary career growth programs
- We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
- A culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and acknowledgment is part of work life at Cisco
- Design-awarded office: Our innovation center at Lysaker have one of the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
Do you want to join a rare team of talented colleagues who are eager to help and pursue interesting problems while creating products that the whole world uses? Our real passion for collaboration has enabled us to build a market-leading portfolio of products and solution. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We offer meaningful work for sharp and curious minds, "Nordic Flexibility" and international opportunities in a global company.
Upon applying please attach your application/cover letter, CV and grade transcript.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.