Electrical Product Engineer 1246861
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
The Internet of Things Product Operations team in Cisco’s Supply Chain Organization is seeking an experienced Electrical Product Engineer. Our team supports the Internet of Things business unit which is based in Austin, TX and San Jose, CA. Our products are leading edge technologies which make them the best in the industry. The product platforms are industrial switching, routing, wireless, embedded networks and Cisco LoRaWAN products.
You are the technical interface for engineering team for the platform for all technical and product quality related to design and manufacturing. You'll review and provide mentorship and influence project team in the specification, design, development and testing strategy of hardware. This role supports development of new products and drives design for manufacturing excellence with the goal of bests-in-class quality and reliability with optimized cost.
You will collaborate with Business Units, central engineering teams, CM Partners and CA personnel to drive quality and cost of design and quality.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform, follow up and close issues related to DFx and own the DFx related discussions with Engineering and CM Partners.
- Have deep understanding of manufacturing processes and work with CM partners for quality and process development / validations.
- Think in an unexpected way for internal and external process optimization using all available tools and process.
- Dedicatedly lead and drive the quality issues in the field and factory.
- Manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO and deviation processes.
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing test engineers and debug technicians. Ensure that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training.
- Actively work with the Defect Reduction and Product Teams by working to identify product issues and drive resolutions.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Systems Product Operations that is engaged in the development of switching technology. You will be part of the team developing next-gen and high-end switching platforms. This team influences and handles a global team with presence in California, Texas, and China. This team transforms our daily work in order to deliver projects ahead of time, below cost, and with high-quality standards for demanding Enterprise Switching customers.
Who You Are
You have a successful track record of relationship building and the ability to effectively influence peers and management with your strong communication skills; and strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills which gives you an edge to create an impact. All of this, combined with a strong sense of ownership and integrity make you a fantastic fit for this role.
The minimum requirements for this role:
- Typically requires BS degree in Engineering or equivalent plus 4 - 6 years applicable experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes related to electronic manufacturing.
- Proficient with office and Agile PDM system.
- Prior experience with Allegro and be proficient with Valor CAD tools.
- Experience sustaining HW products until EOL.
- Deep understanding of new product launch and development related to manufacturing processes and design attributes.
- Strong project management skills are a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.