EUM Software Support Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
We are looking for a passionate Software Support Engineer professional to join our Support Engineering and Customer Experience (CX) team. In this position, you will be providing outstanding support through many different channels of communication – including email, phone, screenshare and forums.
How do you know if you would be a good fit? You are a great match if you possess fantastic communication, problem-solving and analytical skills, are driven to help customers, proactively think of ways to streamline our customer processes, and have the desire to dive deep into a complex product to learn it inside and out.
Don’t worry if you don’t fit all the criteria – we’d still love to talk to you!
What You'll Do
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the function of proactively monitor, lead, and optimize the most complex software environments.
Software Engineers in Support Engineering in the End User Monitoring, Analytics, and BizIQ group are responsible for diagnosing and solving complex issues in large-scale multi-tiered applications, understanding how to assist the customer observe, diagnose, and optimize their applications.
- Support our Browser and Mobile Monitoring software, and platforms like Elasticsearch.
- Recreate complex customer environments to replicate customer issues in-house
- Work with the engineering and Product Management teams to push customer issue resolution.
- Build in-house reference lab environments using various technologies (Java, Python, iOS, Android, etc).
- Share knowledge inside and outside the teams.
- Stay on top of new tools, technologies, programming languages, and frameworks
- Work with the following tools and frameworks: Java, .NET, Python, PHP based applications, Android, iOS, Xamarin based mobile applications, Elasticsearch based Analytics solution.
Who You'll Work With
You will become a part of a standout technical team that cares about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment.
We collaborate with the software engineering and OPS infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
A software engineer, Technical Support Engineer, QA engineer, DevOps engineer, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), or code-writing sysadmin with a strong passion to build new skills, work with state-of-art technologies, and be a champion for quality software.
A perfect candidate would tick all the requirements listed below. Don’t worry if you don’t – we understand flawless is hard to achieve, and we would still like to speak to you!
Required for this position is:
- in-depth experience in technical troubleshooting, debugging and software maintenance in at least two of the following languages: Java, .Net, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, C/C++, GoLang.
- familiarity with cloud providers such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure
- Knowledge of various container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Broad experience with open-source web application frameworks.
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux / Windows environments, with scripting in bash, Perl, or Python.
The following is not required, but is beneficial and nice to have:
- you've worked with Elasticsearch and know the concepts of it
- Prior experience with Selenium
Additionally, last, but not least:
- You can empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues.
- You are a great teammate that can follow and lead as situations dictate.
- You have an ability to explain complex issues in simple terms and ensure mutual understanding with customers.
- You can plan, coordinate, and prioritize work.
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behaviour, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analysing and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.