ERP Transformation Leader 1278046
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create.
We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes.
Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today
What You'll Do
Cisco IT is looking for a dynamic leader to engage with the related business units to drive IT’s ERP transformation. In this role you will:
- Be accountable for the transformative design, development, deployment, and integrated delivery of next-generation ERP. Strategize and lead program design & planning; mobilize and develop teams; direct on-time, quality delivery of new ERP solution; lead program economics, scope, risk, and schedule. Advance operational maturity through guidance and application of leading ERP processes, techniques, and tools; as well as ensure data analysis is inherent in and supported by the solution.
- Lead identification of requirements and vendors, to drive a comprehensive RFI/RFP process that includes building the right relationships with potential vendors, SIs, among others.
- Lead the transition and ongoing support of the new, cloud-based ERP solution. Apply rigorous technical project management experience to bring the new ERP solution to life & ensure a robust plan to support the new ERP solution while delivering a user-experience-driven design.
- Collaborate with IT leadership and other stakeholders to approve & build next-generation ERP. Enhance and evangelize the vision for operational transformation among cross-functional leaders, system users, HR, Finance, and other stakeholders; and serve as the primary focal point for engagement.
- Apply integrative leadership and engagement skills to facilitate buy-in and getting to shared goals while ensuring that long-term transformation priorities are addressed and deliverables reflect an optimal balance of completeness, timeliness, usability, and technical quality.
- Identify & handle multiple vendor relationships during and after the transition. Identify, vet, and select key vendors. Manage relationships to ensure smooth transition & quality service.
- Build an initial ERP transformation team and provide leadership and vision for IT associates. Partner closely with existing leadership & team members to build the transformation team through the definition of needed skill mix, hiring/outsourcing, on the job development and training opportunities, team building, and mentoring. Define the right operating model with the current teams running ERP.
- Lead and motivate a high-performing & highly technical global team of managers, individual contributors, and external vendors. Manage all workstreams focusing on the development and execution of the transformation vision; while being an excellent people leader for staff, providing support, career development, and guidance across technical and personnel issues.
- Identify and implement key metrics and monitor to ensure project and initiatives deliverables are achieved.
Who You’ll Work With
You will report to the VP of Customer and Partner Transformation and work closely with stakeholders and IT leaders to define the architecture and roadmap to transform end to end experiences for our customers and partners across segments, GTM motions, and offers.
Who You Are
You are a seasoned ERP leader with deep experience in building and delivering ERP solutions, especially for large enterprises; successful track record and trajectory – (at least 15 years) in ERP, IT, System Integration or Product Development. You offer:
Deep familiarity with transitions to cloud-based solutions in ERP
A successful track record of building ERP strategy and leading teams through transformations / deployments at scale as integrated systems of technology, data, people, and processes
The ability to understand deep technical requirements/context while also being able to incorporate business context/needs
Strong experience in leading and partnering with highly technical design and engineering
Excellent influence and communication skills, ability to confidently share vision & roadmap to internal/external audiences bringing a different level of stakeholders in an outside of IT.
Educational background in technology/engineering related field required, plus a graduate degree in engineering or MBA a plus
Exceptional ability to lead enterprise-scale ERP transformations
Manage all aspects of building next-generation ERP solution including strategy, planning roadmap, collaboration, product management, and execution
The equivalent of ERP leader of a $51B company managing >500 employees (including FTEs and vendors) and a budget of >$60M
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair. Don’t care. Tattoos. Show off your ink. Like polka dots. That’s cool. Pop culture geek. Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you with us.