ENGINEER IV SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the software development testing for NXOS product lines and be a key part of Cisco’s Data Center strategy. We are looking for someone who will strive in a fast paced dynamic environment. You will be part of a dedicated team that has epitomized open communications, empowerment, innovation, collaboration and customer success.
What You'll Do
Participate (in a senior lead role) on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW testing, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities.
Who You'll Work With
- Contribute to the development testing of a major SW release.
- Design and write comprehensive software feature test plans.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining test strategy.
- Work with other teams such as Software, Hardware, ASIC, etc.
- Maintain and enhance test bed topology for different requirement.
- Champion new, improved testing methodologies.
- Ability to apply extensive experience as a networking testing engineer.
- Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
- Experience in testing modular routers/switches (distributed architecture) is required
- Experience in automation with Python, TCL or other scripting language is required
- Experience in testing Layer 2/3 with NXOS and Nexus platforms is a plus
- Experience building testbeds and executing test plan testing and logging defects
- Has strong motivation to work in agile environment with ability to ramp up fast
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent partnership and people skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux is a plus
- Master’s degree or BSC with 7+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.