EMEAR Technical Solutions Architect (Cloud Calling)
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
Cisco is on a mission to help people work smarter and become more productive. We're driving innovation into the way people work to make them more efficient, whilst delivering the most flexible environment for them to complete their role within an organisation.
You will have full ownership and responsibility for leading the technical presales activities. Providing architectural design expertise to account teams across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia, business entities and partners that support the company’s objectives in a fast-paced and dynamic market. You will be a technology and solutions evangelist responsible for developing winning and innovative IT platform proposals in high value enterprise opportunities that incorporate both direct and indirect (partner) collaboration solutions.
In addition to a sound knowledge of Cisco’s Collaboration technology solutions and innovation, you will possess a solid understanding of competitive solutions in the market.
• You will provide strong leadership, vision, and become the trusted advisor to our customers on Transforming the way people work.
• You will build and implement a strategy to leverage Cisco to expand the footprint of our Collaboration technologies, with a focus on (Cloud) Calling
• A skilled technical pre-sales professional who collaborates closely with and provides solution guidance and prototyping to multiple customers/partners/sales.
• Understand capabilities that may be needed from internal, external and ecosystem partners.
• Understand customer buying trends and patterns, specifically the move to cloud and subscription
• Communicate to internal business entities, features, functionality and capabilities they would need to address current and future customer requirements.
• Communicate and sell the value of Cisco's integrated solution capabilities, describe and articulate how suggested customizations could address customer need emphasizing long-term benefits and value compared with competitive best-of-breed point products/solutions.
• Drive a business outcome selling approach by consulting with customers to demonstrate how Cisco’s Collaboration portfolio solutions (including customer care) can impact their business
• Spend a significant amount of time directly with customers – split between up front collaboration on desired solution capabilities, architecture design, integration and solution demonstration.
• You are creative and results-driven senior presales individual
• 7 to 10 years’ experience in markets where Cisco competes
• At least 5 years collaboration/workspace/customer care architecture experience with consulting sales experience or related field experience with customer interaction
• Strong IT background (a computer science, electrical or engineering degree or proven track record of deep technical exposure)
• Strong communication (written and verbal), presentation, listening, collaboration, demonstration and consulting skills
• Strong familiarity with SaaS, Cloud architectures, APIs and Unified Communications designs, specifically on Telephony and Proof of Concepts
• Good understanding of Collaboration and Workspace industry players and solutions
• You have a demonstrated track record, leading significant revenue wins in the collaboration opportunities.
• An understanding of networking foundations such as routing, switching, data centre and wireless.
• You've got a strong commercial understanding, coupled with strong leadership skills, building effective customer relationships, creating and communicating a compelling vision for the organisation and achieving significant results.
• Excellent communicator with expertise in leading technical sales opportunities in cross functional teams
• Experience building value-based and consultative sales teams selling to VP and C level executives
• Drive, and passion to succeed in a high-speed, innovative, collaborative environment.
• A creative, out of the box thinker, someone who likes to take risks and is a self-starter
• Fluent in English and social media contributor
• Software/application development and programmability expertise for business and line of business automation and provisioning.
• Proficiency in the use of Cisco labs and demonstration capabilities (DevNet , dCloud) to effectively demonstrate solutions, code, scripting, workflows, service graphs etc.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? Bring it on!