EMC & Telecom Laboratory Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Corporate Compliance organization is looking for a manager to own the EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) team, as well as to continue to drive and digitize the compliance process, hardware and software, across the various functions. As a leader of this group, you will be responsible for managing a team of EMC specialists, sustain the corporate regulatory compliance policy, sustain the tools and database, in the EMC space, that support the certification process, works with senior-level executives, across various functions, to establish and agree on long-term strategies, and collect metrics to present the team’s performance and variance against its goals.
Who You Are
The expectation of a manager at this level is the appropriate application of the following Cisco Leadership Success Factors:
Build and sustain High Performance Team
- Influence through Applied Knowledge
- Influence through Outstanding People Skills
- Strive for Results
- Focus on the people and customer
- Build Business Partnerships
- Long Range Planning
You should possess:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience. MS preferred.
- Advanced knowledge EMC/EMI requirements.
- 5+ years of progressive management experience.
- Proven experience in developing and deploying business initiatives across organizational functions with a strong focus on results.
- Ability to connect with different audiences (staff to senior executives) and for different purposes (informational to persuasive).
- You can lead cross-functional teams to a successful outcome regardless of reporting structure and organizational level.
- Experience working with external auditors on compliance initiatives, or experience being an external auditor.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.