Dynamic Languages Software Support Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results :-)
What You’ll Do
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the function of proactively monitor, lead, and optimize the most complex software environments.
Software Engineers in Support Engineering Dynamic Languages Team are taking care of diagnosing, solving and creating your own solutions to the variety of compound problems in large-scale multi-tiered applications written in Node.js, PHP, and Python, in addition to Ruby and GoLang, with some C/C++ on the side.
In our dynamic and collaborative environment, your experience and knowledge will enable you to:
- Assist clients in instrument, control, and debug their large multi-tiered compound applications
- Replicate customer environments and work to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed
- Provide advanced technical support and work with customers to solve complex issues with the product in their environment
- Build internal and customer-facing Tools and extensions
- Identify product bugs and improvements based on customer environments and work to close them
Who You'll Work With
You will become a part of a standout technical team that cares about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment.
We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
What is required for this position:
- Software development and maintenance experience in at least one of the following languages: Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, C/C++, GoLang with debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of the SQL commands and utilizing the data stores, like PostgreSQL, MySQL/MongoDB
- Experience in troubleshooting of different types of applications, running on Linux/UNIX
- Utilizing programming languages such as Python, Bash for network automation
- Hands-on experience in working with some of the following application servers, webservers, messaging and logging software: Apache Web Server, Tomcat, RabbitMQ, MQTT, Grafana
- Good knowledge of web protocols, formats, and server environments
- Knowledge of various container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal, etc.
- Superb attention to detail, specification, and ability to solve/fix complex problems in customer
- Excellent hardware/software problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner with minimal guidance
- Well-organized and highly efficient working in a multi-tasking dynamic environment
- Self-development attitude and willingness to learn new technologies
What are „nice to have” skills?
- Knowledge of computer networking, including experience working with configuration of SSL/TLS, Active Directory, Root Certificate, Certificate Authority
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed computing principles and experience working with some of the following virtualization and orchestration platforms (Linux Containers, QEMU, VCenter, GNS3)
- Experience in utilizing (some of) the following testing platforms for the software development and validation: Jmeter, Fiddler, SoapUI, Postman
- Experience in applying the object-oriented programming principles for creating implementations, in any of the OOP-capable programming languages.
- Experience in DevOps Engineering, Quality Engineering and Quality Assurance would be a big plus
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.