Duty Manager, IT Global Infrastructure
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
As the Duty Manager, you will lead IT Infrastructure services engagement and response to Critical Incidents to promptly restore services. Another key initiative will be determining opportunities and driving autonomous solutions to prevent, identify, recover and restore service disruption in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Incident management and communication for critical incidents
• Communicate with clients and stakeholders to ensure they are receiving the right support from IT infrastructure service teams during critical incidents
• Ongoing Problem Management which include Post Incident reviews, trend analysis, metrics and process improvements
• Utilize data science and machine learning techniques to drive predictive analysis to make key decisions to improve overall service assurance
• Keep abreast of trends in technology and ensure that you are well positioned to support the changing needs of the marketplace
• Continuously innovate service and processes to ensure that we remain the best
Who You'll Work With
You will work with other IT Infrastructure services teams (Compute, Storage, Database, Network etc), IT service executives, Global support organization, technical leads and architects.
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
• We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
• We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
• We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes. Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today!
Who You Are
You bring a dynamic aspect to the team; you are able to drive resolution under pressure but seek to put long term fixes in place, proactively, through analytics. In addition, you have the ability to build long term, trusting relationships with peers and leaders and effectively influence with your superb interpersonal skills; written, verbal and social. This combined with your knowledge of enterprise network infrastructure gives you the edge to make a long-lasting impact.
Minimum Requirements include:
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent + 5 years of related experience.
• Sr Engineer or technical PM (with knowledge of Compute, Storage, NW, DB, Collaboration technologies etc.)
• Strong understanding of various cloud solutions and providers
• Operational Lead expertise in Public Cloud
• Prior experience working in a 24*7 environment, Global support organization would be welcome
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Willing to work in shifts / weekend coverage if needed
• Understanding of programming languages, automation, cognitive skills would be a phenomenal asset (but training will be provided)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated people leader/management and influencing skills
• Strong customer focus and can do attitude
Desired Skills include:
• Good understanding of networking and/or Data Center technologies with reasonably good knowledge of at least two or three Cisco products/technologies.
• Technical experience supporting cloud infrastructure & applications
• Ability to operate independently and make decisions in a flash
• Ability to drive KPIs under challenging circumstances
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.