Duty Manager, IT Global Infrastructure
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
"What You'll Do
As the Duty Manager, you will lead IT Infrastructure services engagement and response to Critical Incidents to promptly restore services. Another key initiative will be determining opportunities and driving autonomous solutions to prevent, identify, recover and restore service disruption in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Incident management and communication for critical incidents
• Communicate with clients and stakeholders to ensure they are receiving the right support from IT infrastructure service teams during critical incidents
• Ongoing Problem Management which include Post Incident reviews, trend analysis, metrics and process improvements
• Utilize data science and machine learning techniques to drive predictive analysis to make key decisions to improve overall service assurance
• Keep abreast of trends in technology and ensure that you are well positioned to support the changing needs of the marketplace
• Continuously innovate service and processes to ensure that we remain the best
Who You'll Work With
You will work with other IT Infrastructure services teams (Compute, Storage, Database, Network etc), IT service executives, Global support organization, technical leads and architects.
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
• We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
• We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
• We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes. Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today!
Who You Are
You bring a dynamic aspect to the team; you are able to drive resolution under pressure but seek to put long term fixes in place, proactively, through analytics. In addition, you have the ability to build long term, trusting relationships with peers and leaders and effectively influence with your superb interpersonal skills; written, verbal and social. This combined with your knowledge of enterprise network infrastructure gives you the edge to make a long-lasting impact.
Minimum Requirements include:
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent + 5 years of related experience.
• Sr Engineer or technical PM (with knowledge of Compute, Storage, NW, DB, Collaboration technologies etc.)
• Strong understanding of various cloud solutions and providers
• Operational Lead expertise in Public Cloud
• Prior experience working in a 24*7 environment, Global support organization would be welcome
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Willing to work in shifts / weekend coverage if needed
• Understanding of programming languages, automation, cognitive skills would be a phenomenal asset (but training will be provided)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated people leader/management and influencing skills
• Strong customer focus and can do attitude
Desired Skills include:
• Good understanding of networking and/or Data Center technologies with reasonably good knowledge of at least two or three Cisco products/technologies.
• Technical experience supporting cloud infrastructure & applications
• Ability to operate independently and make decisions in a flash
• Ability to drive KPIs under challenging circumstances"