Dual-Study Program - Computer Science- Germany
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
Start Date: 01 October 2022
Location: DHBW Mannheim / Eschborn (Cisco- hybrid working model)
Degree Program: Bachelor's in applied computer science, Cyber Security, or Information Technology (based on your preference)
Our Dual Study program is a great way to kick-start your career, gaining valuable work experience whilst earning a university graduate, including sought-after industry qualifications.
During the 3 years, you will have the opportunity to experience different aspects of our business -technical and business - and join several teams on a rotation; you will get to work directly with our cutting-edge technology and support our industry-leading experts. By the end of the program, you will have both the knowledge and experience to begin a successful career.
So, what is it like working for one of the world’s leading technology companies?
- be at the heart of it all; watching technology happen from the inside
- design, test, and deploy our technology, understand the engineering behind it and learn to analyze complex situations
- work in projects to ensure we deliver value for customers and communicate with stakeholders
- work in partnership with international brands to deliver solutions to their business problems
- experience a state-of-the-art hybrid workplace using leading video technology and modern offices
- meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world, expanding your professional network by building contacts, working with the best and learning from experts
- give back to local communities through fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness of meaningful causes
To top it all off you’ll have a strong support system, including a network of mentors and managers, to guide and advise you.
What You’ll Do:
As a Dual-Student, you will get guidance and mentorship to understand how your passion and skills best fit within Cisco. Your manager will help you to pursue rotations that play to your strengths and interests and support you in developing the necessary skills to be successful
During your time at Cisco, you will develop your skills in:
- Network technologies including network design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Software development and design
- Security fundamentals: Cyber and Cloud Security
- Working with customers and partners including solutions design
- Qualifications matter, but a passion for information technology and the desire to learn are even more important.
- You should meet the entry level qualifications required by the university (DHBW Mannheim)
- You should be Fluent in German and have good English skills
- You should have very good knowledge in Math and Physics
- Knowledge of a programming language and basic hardware knowledge (helpful, but not mandatory)
- Enjoy working in a team
- Competitive salary (monthly): Year 1: 1300 Euro; Year 2: 1500 Euro; Year 3: 1800 Euro
- 28 Vacation Day + Your birthday off
- 5 “Time2Give” days off every year to support volunteer causes you feel passionate about
- Hybrid working model
- The opportunity to do a rotation abroad
- A wide range of other benefits that focus on your wellbeing like sport and health initiatives, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Accident Insurance and our Advance Medical helpline
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
For additional questions please reach out to: Corina Nedelea, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +49 211 5202 9726