Distribution Partner Account Manager
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy Role & Responsibility:
- Transform distribution channels from into business engine to drive SMB business growth. Identify gaps and derive strategy to transform Cisco velocity GTM via distribution channels.
- Work with key partners in Sales, Marketing, Operations & Finance to clearly define channel strategy; substantially increases coverage into SMB marketing & yields minimal channel conflict.
- Work and engage between distributors and partners, provide a push strategy and enhance end to end selling cycles from Booking, POS to End-users
- Provide and recommend appropriate product and position pricing especially into velocity/SMB via distribution and partners
- Work with distributors to establish and build sound in-country business and marketing plan
2. Transformation Role & Responsibility:
- Influence distributors to transform from logistical excellence to benefit distribution
- Drive distributors to skill up with Cisco certification programs and build service practices to support distribution to non-certified/non-skilled partner/agents of Cisco
- Influence distributors mind-set along with Cisco business direction, highlight business preposition and opportunity, bringing them into another incremental arena
- Responsible to influence and provide justification to regional teams to localize policies and implementations for in-country
3. Operations Role & Responsibility:
- Build a complete database of partners, VARs & retailers in country and work with sales teams to identify strategies to acquire and enable key partners.
- Build a loyal, well-educated Small & Medium Business reseller sales force for non-named accounts in-country. Maintain a geographical and technological balanced coverage with particular emphasis on Tier 2 Cities.
- Work with Asia team to identify a clear process & launch tools to maintain accurate customer, prospect and register deals information to minimize channel conflict.
- Work with Distributors to design appropriate and directive channel programs to adapt to local needs, driving top-line, profitability and channel loyalty
- Understand distributors’ landscape, identify gap, growth areas and provide recommended performance matrix.
- To monitor and drive distributors’ quota achievement and inventory management
- Conduct regular interlock session with distributors to ensure execution of revenue plan and provide recommendation and assistance if sales get well plan/recovery is needed
- Leads distributors’ pipeline and helps to close deals if needed.
4. Enablement Role & Responsibility:
- Distributor enablement and drive Distributor readiness for Architecture/ Technology focus
- 2Tier Partner enablement, i.e. new Product release, work with cross-functional team beforehand to deliver complete set of Partner Enablement deliverables: “Partner Readiness” Selling/Marketing Content, Sales & Technical Training and sales/technical tools for distributors and partners
- Increase partner value through differentiation of their value proposition to our customers. Work with selective number of identified channel partners, This will include improving sales readiness of partners, further development of their value proposition
- Work with Commercial & Marketing Leads to execute Inbound/outbound demand generation marketing to drive leads and supporting conversion metrics.
- Responsible to take lead on facilitating both the operational and executive channels program councils for in-country
5. Sales & Forecasting Role & Responsibility:
- Provide weekly, Quarterly and Yearly forecast, Pipeline reviews, Distributor quarterly business review & follow-up of key business metrics relating to Sales activities thru channels for local country and region team.
- Requires a minimum degree and 8 years channel or distribution sales experience in a fast-growth, high Technology Company, IT Distribution.
- Have strong relationship selling skills within the channels community and be able to lead business review with partner executives.
- A self-starter and strong closer with multi-tasking ability.
- Understanding of distribution and resellers' business organizations and their business is required.
- Experience selling in a high technology and networking industry and knowledge of LAN and/or WAN networks is required.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills are a requirement. Requires practical experience using influence management to achieve goals.
- Should possess a general understanding of legal contracts.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Business Insight
- Customer focus
- Standout Colleague & Collaboration abilities
- Organizational Versatility
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco