Director of Software Engineering- Agile, Cloud & Automation
Location:Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
In Cisco’s Collaboration Team we offer the best collaboration suite in the industry. Our mission is to offer a suite of collaboration products that allows our customers to have the most meaningful and productive collaboration in your work place. We are making that experience easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for a product that currently has 20+ Million collaboration subscribers. Working closely with product management teams, you’ll craft our products through new features, innovative updates and support for our customers.
A key focus will be your ability to support and grow a team of talented software and QA engineers. You will seek to align everyone to our most important objectives, offering a vision for the team and product that keeps them motivated and looking forward. Additionally, you will be the site lead in our highly attractive Chennai site.
Your job responsibilities:
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes, tools and methodologies
- Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as technical contributors
- Accountable for the timely, high-quality and cost-effective delivery of all product releases from (Cloud Calling Eng India)
- Define, implement and oversee all required processes, methods and systems to ensure development meets engineering/business goals
- Outstanding operational command of the business, including metrics’ based goals and achievement approach
- Partner with our recruiters to create strategies for building a diverse and inclusive team
- Mentor and coach managers and senior engineers through technical and non-technical challenges
- Develop career plans for your direct reports and help them do the same for theirs
- Encourage thoughtful and creative ways to recognize achievements on the team
- Lead performance, compensation, and promotion review processes
- Provide thoughtful counsel as a member of senior engineering leadership
- Assist with engineering-wide initiatives (off sites, training, process evolution) several times per year
- Represent engineering at external events
- Exceptional team player with the ability to quickly develop and foster stakeholder relationships, and strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated track record of leading or working with cross-functional teams
- Serve as the high escalation point for customer-facing issues on the team
You are a great fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of experience building real-time communication-based software
- Managed cross-functional teams of more than 50 engineers
- Experience building teams, holding decisions on recruiting and organization design
We Are Cisco
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
- But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.