Director of Sales, Northeast Public Sector - 1321683
Location:New York, New York, US
Alternate LocationBoston or other Northern East Coast Major City
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Director of Operations, U.S. Public Sector - SLED Northeast Operation
What You'll Do
This key leadership role is expected to motivate, inspire and continually develop a highly talented regional sales team while driving product and service revenue growth across the business.
Who You Are
General responsibilities include:
- Continuously build and grow a dynamic, diverse team with clear development paths and goals.
- Establish a vision of strategic selling and business development across the Operation.
- Exhibit a passion for Public Sector customers - maintain and enhance executive relationships.
- Drive revenue growth and market share for Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
The candidate will be expected to build strong business partnerships across the ‘Connected Team’ and drive a collaborative and innovative approach for business success.
The ideal candidate will have/must have:
· 5-10 years of experience as Regional Manager, Operations Director or Client Director.
· 5+ years senior management experience, ideal candidate should possess both sales and cross functional connected team leadership experience.
· Demonstrated track record successfully managing large revenue responsibility, risk, business complexity and profit/loss center.
· Ability to effectively manage large Global or Enterprise accounts – from opportunity development to closure.
· Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally.
· Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
· Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy – ‘Face of Cisco’ to the community and customer base.
· Strong leadership skills in coaching and developing a large sales organization – inclusive team builder.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using communications to convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way and effectively translate vision to execution.
· Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
Finally, this executive must have a level of business maturity, flexibility and the instincts to adapt to a high-energy, dynamic environment characterized by high growth expectations and a growth mindset culture.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.