Director of Product Management, MS
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a creative Director of Product Management to pilot our industry-leading cloud managed Ethernet switching business. Your mission will be to own the MS switching product line, driving a variety of priorities, including:
- Evolving the winning MS portfolio strategy and developing deep analytic insights into its performance as one of Meraki’s $B product pillars
- Growing and mentoring a diverse, caring team of world class product management professionals
- Identifying adjacent products and opportunities for market vertical differentiation
- Promoting collaboration and alignment across Meraki’s other high-performing product lines
You will be involved in everything. Your imperative is to work out what will make the most difference at any given time, and focus the team on impacting that outcome when there isn’t time to do everything.
We are changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue that evolution. You will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to ensure that we continue to have the best switching product portfolio in the industry, at the heart of the Meraki #fullstack. You will work closely with the executive team to establish a winning strategy, and collaborate with our outstanding sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure continued market-adoption and rapid growth. You will develop excellent technical knowledge, deliver high-impact presentations, and have a passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud networking technology.
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing product lines within a growing connected hardware companies in the world. You will reach a global customer base, grow an elite product team, and work at the leading edge of cloud managed networking technology.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, sincere real passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) a creative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki Product Leader.
What You Will Do
- Take ultimate responsibility for everything MS
- Attract, mentor, and grow a hardworking and diverse product management team
- Collaborate with the broader Meraki product portfolios to build untouchable differentiation
- Evangelize MS within Meraki and provide the sales team with the knowledge to sell it
- Partner with departmental leaders in engineering, sales, marketing, & finance to hone the MS message and value proposition.
- Develop and cultivate strategic alliances with adjacent Cisco products
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to define the strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing for enterprise switching at Meraki
- Serve as a technical resource and key strategic advisor for all technical and business- related matters related to the Meraki switching portfolio
What We’re Looking For
- A leader with outstanding interpersonal skills capable of motivating a diverse team. A story teller with a natural passion for their product and possibilities.
- A manager who cares deeply about the individuals under their care.
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask the challenging questions and spot the patterns of high value customer problems.
- 5-10+ years of work experience in technology (ideally in networking and Ethernet switching)
- 5+ years of proven experience building and managing diverse teams
- Strong business background (ex: MBA, Product Management or Marketing) desired
- Genuine dedication to learning about enterprise network design, network security, cloud management, and emerging ground-breaking technologies
- Able to distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words.
- A results-oriented, can-do demeanor with an intuitive understanding of product quality and user experience.
- Track record of motivating and driving large projects and large teams effectively, successfully driving product initiatives where outcomes were paramount to the health or strategic differentiation of the overall business
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.