Director of Engineering - Data Center Network Assurance
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
The Network Assurance Engine (NAE) team is looking for a Director of Engineering to drive development and delivery of features that assure various aspects of intent-based networks. You will be part of the senior leadership team, setting the product strategy and guiding overall execution.
What You'll Do:
- You will work with Product Management and Engineering leaders to set the vision and strategy for NAE, both technical and interpersonal.
- Work with Product Management & TMEs to groom the feature backlog for your teams.
- Work with your teams to ensure work you're doing are well-defined, execution is well-planned, and deliveries meet acceptance criteria for content, quality and timeliness.
- Ensure good communication and well-oiled processes within the teams and with external partners.
- Represent the team, and NAE overall, towards Engineering, Marketing, BU and Customers.
- Engage with Customers to support pre-sale discussions and post-sales technical support / critical issue.
- Provide technical leadership to the team, particularly in making good design and execution decisions.
- Mentor, coach, motivate and recognize team members.
- Lead performance, compensation and promotion processes for your team
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Network Assurance Engine has the goal of building an Intent Assurance Platform using various modeling and formal verification techniques. The team consists of core software, UI, UX, Full stack, Formal, Mathematical modeling experts and engineers, as well as policy, security, forwarding, routing and other networking domain experts. We are primarily located in San Jose.
Who You Are
- Strong domain knowledge in various aspects of Data Center Networking, including network topologies, configurations, forwarding, routing, access control and connectivity aspects
- Strong understanding of Intent-Based Networking with group-based policies
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI Networking is helpful.
- Knowledge of formal modeling techniques is helpful.
- Track record of delivering content with high quality and timeliness
- Able to translate loose goals and high-level requirements into detailed execution plans.
- Strong orientation towards quality, planning and process, with high attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Strong customer orientation and focus on customer happiness.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with diverse partners.
- Shown people leadership skills, able to motivate team and hold them accountable.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in EE/CS with 10+ years of experience
- Engineering leadership and people management responsibilities
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.