Director of Design, Webex Calling
Location:Offsite, Seattle, Washington, US
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
Director of Design, Webex Calling
How do you connect with people every day? Do you chat? Make calls? Join Meetings? Have you ever had trouble connecting to audio, or video from a meeting room? Have you had a hard time coordinating with your team around a common goal or initiative? Cisco’s Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is at the forefront of redefining Cisco’s SaaS businesses with our industry-leading collaboration technology.
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. We are uniquely positioned to make it outstanding, demonstrating our complete portfolio and our leading market position in calling. Our next goal is to redefine how people work and companies connect, where communication is at the core of all productive teamwork.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced Design Leader who can help drive our strategy and execution into the cloud connected calling world. In this role, you’ll work very closely with our Engineering and Product Management teams to craft and grow our Webex Calling business. You’ll define our design strategy, work with the teams to deliver on our backlog of priorities, and continue to build a robust team.
Who You Are
- You seek to understand the customer when starting something new
- You can develop a vision and clarity out of ambiguity
- You treat problems as opportunities
- You try until you get it right
- You can confidently hold the attention of a room full of executives
- You value tempo over perfection, but know when to obsess about the details
- You have a background in SaaS and understand the complexities of Calling
- You’ve built a brand, community, and audience around a product
- You love the unique challenges of winning hearts and minds of users
Who You’ll Work With
We are an experienced group of product managers, engineers, and designers who are finding new ways to use data from communication, people interaction, and collaborative content creation to craft new collaboration experiences in ways that nobody but Cisco can. These new collaboration experiences will give a stronger voice to the remote worker, make distributed teams as efficient as co-located teams, and drive the new generation of everyday collaboration between teammates.
- 8+ years’ of professional experience with a UX-focused portfolio that demonstrates powerful design thinking in both interaction and visual execution
- Keen understanding of usability principles and design thinking
- Experience designing for web and mobile applications
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight expectations
- Dynamic and adaptable to changing direction or focus
- Ability to navigate and make progress on projects with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent interpersonal skills & collaborative skills across cultures
- Proficient in Figma/Sketch
- Demonstration of visual design acumen and typography skills
- HTML + CSS Skills are a plus
- Understanding of calling a plus
- Engineering experience a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, digital content trends connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.