Director Technical Marketing Engineering - Competitive 1286726
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
The Intent Based Networking Group (IBNG) Team is looking for a Director of Technical Marketing to lead a team of subject matter expert leaders and technical marketing engineers. You will lead the Technical Marketing Engineering team responsible for our Competitive Insights team. This leader will work with stakeholders across the entire Engineering organization including the Product Management Executive team, our Engineering Executives, Enterprise Software Engineering, Enterprise Sales and our key Partners and Customers. You will work in collaboration with other functions such as Marketing, Sales Enablement, Finance, and the Competitive Intelligence groups.
This Director of Technical Marketing will lead a worldwide distributed group of Senior Technical Leaders and Technical Marketing Engineers that focus on understanding and disecting the technologies of our competitors. In this role, you will work with your stakeholders to help them understand our competitors technology portfolios along with emerging technology trends. Using these insights you wil help evolve our platform and solution set to remain differentiated in the market and to help drive opportunities to grow our business and market share. Providing input into our technical strategy along with driving technical sales enablement for our Enterprise Software is another the key focus for this role.
What You'll Do
You will develop deep knowledge of our competitors Hardware, Software and Solution portfolios as it compares and contrasts to our own Platform and Solution sets. This includes but is not limited to competitive portfolios to SD-Access, SDWAN, Enterprise Security, Platform Automation and Programmability and more.
- Drive competitive technical analysis of competing solutions to our SD-Access, SDWAN and Enterprise Security solutions
- Drive competitive technical analysis of competing platforms to our Catalyst portfolio of Switches and Wireless products as well as our enterprise routing platforms
- Partner with the Product Management executive team to drive market shares and revenue growth for the entire IBNG portfolio
- Partner with the IBNG TME leaders to drive greater collaboration and knowledge transfer between TME’s across the IBNG TME Team
- Be a mentor to TME’s to help develop their marketing, communication and technical writing skills
- Drive development and creation of highly impactful competitive technical collateral to better enable our sales engineers and partners
- Track and identify product gaps, competitive differentiation, and link the outputs to marketing collateral and engineering developments
- Partner with engineering leaders to drive evolution of the Enterprise Software solution and product set based on competitive insights derived from the teams work
- Lead and drive competitive technical enablement for sales, product management, and engineering.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of technical expertise in Enterprise technologies with a comprehensive understanding of the Enterprise networking space
- 5+ years as an experienced leader of a team of senior technical subject matter experts
- Has worked as a TME and understands the role intimately
- Experience in leading large teams
- Experienced communicator who can translate complex technology concepts into something simple to consume
- Has a proven track record of public speaking at large events
- A consistent track record of writing high quality and comprehensive technical collateral
- Has experience in designing and implementing large scale enterprise networks
- Deep technical acumen who can stand in for any member of their team to deliver demos or present technical updates
- Clear understanding of the competitive landscape and inflection points of the enterprise networking industry
- Demonstrable understanding of design/implementation methodologies in Enterprise networks
- Winning mentality
- Experience in working with large scale Enterprise customers
- Someone who is passionate about technology
- Compassionate leader
- Preferably holds a current CCIE or equivalent certification
- Preferably San Jose based
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.