Director- Service Sales Federal
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Director of Service Sales is a Segment-level leadership role responsible for driving the Services strategy and revenue growth for the US Public Sector Federal Services Sales Team. This role is responsible for developing and driving scalable sales strategies, inclusive of Technical and Professional Services, across multiple routes-to-market. This leader will play a critical role in leading the integration of Services Sales with the Product Sales Team enabling the organization to fully transition to a solution sales motion driven by a focused on customer outcomes.
Who You'll Work With
Services accounts for approximately $1.7 B of the Public Sector goal. He/she will indirectly lead an extended team of over 75 service sales professional, with a direct core team of 3 Service Sales Leaders, and their 25 Service Sales Specialists. their managers and the SLED Area Services Sales Leaders. It is a highly collaborative leadership role that requires strong partnership with the VP of Federal Product Sales and their Sr. Leadership Team. Also, requires the ability to develop and sustain relationships with key Federal customer executives across DOD, Civilian and intel markets. Also, requires extensive cross-functional interlock with the Sr Executive Leadership from Americas Services, Customer Experience (CX) Services Delivery, CX Renewal Sales, Portfolio Business Entities and Marketing to drive the Federal sales vision.
Who You Are
You will be expected to drive opportunities to bring together new market share, optimize coverage and routes-to-market aligned to Partner-Led models where appropriate based on our Federal segmentation strategy. This position will also accelerate the adoption of Services across the segment and expand opportunities that create new consumption and buying patterns. The Services leader will be an integral member of the Federal Sales leadership team and should be a motivational leader that inspires and aligns teams to the culture.
Executive leader with a minimum of 15-20 years of Sales Leadership with emphasis on Services Sales within the US Federal marketplace.
- A sales leader who has experience leading in an integrated product and services organization.
- Leadership experience in leading large organizational transformations.
- Influential leader who can help others connect the dots quickly and accelerate decisions.
- Viewed as a guide on the industry trends and the impact on Cisco’s Services portfolio.
- A confident and authentic leader. A tireless, high-energy professional with an entrepreneurial, risk-taking flair and will possess a brand of confidence, which allows for delegation and empowerment of the team.
- Strategic and innovative with an external awareness to adapt to market transitions and understand the nuances of selling complex solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade – using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, inspiring and creative way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture.
- Experience leading and driving a channel partner strategy with a segment of SLED East accounts preferred
- A strategic thinker and able to communicate effectively and influence cross-functionally.
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Excellent command of financial metrics.
- Mature leadership, instilling a co-operative team culture, values diversity of people and perspectives.
- An engaging leader able to inspire and create excitement with their sales team, as well as across the entire organization and in the marketplace.
- Ability to look for new market opportunities while running the cadence of the business
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.