Director Sales Specialist / CTO
Location:Wallisellen, Zurich, Switzerland
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
Cisco Sales Team is looking for an energized, passionate & positive people-focused Sales Director to lead Cisco’s Architectures business. Being part of Cisco regional leadership team you will manage a team of technical Sales Specialists whose main objective is to support the account teams in the development and execution of account based sales strategies related to Cisco core Architectures. The highly competitive nature of the market, requires a candidate with a sound knowledge of the competitive landscape, and a distinct no-lose attitude. In this role, you will be required to lead a strong and highly skilled technical sales team, comprising a range of diverse skills and expertise – by motivating and developing the group in a constantly evolving technology market. You will support the evolving needs of the business, whilst fostering an environment of empathy, trust and inspiration. You will be the prominent conveyer of Cisco’s Architectures’ strategy to our customers and partners. Your main objectives will be around maintaining technology growth and market share across Cisco portfolio while applying Cisco transformation agenda and GTM plan to the local market conditions. You will define the market opportunity in the cluster, by understanding the TAM and Cisco TAM CR and will partner with the cluster/country sales management and other key cluster stakeholders to define how to win the market for Cisco. You will drive cross-architecture solution positioning and SW transformation.
In this role your will:
- Own and build Architecture GTM plan for the cluster
- Work closely with Strategy and Planning to validate TAM, define the market opportunity and cascade the technology plan down to the sales individuals
- Work closely with Cluster MD’s/GM’s, Country managers and segment RSM’s and builds segmented strategy/technology. Sign with every RSM the technology execution plan for the FY
- Drive effective technology plan execution across all field teams
- Will be responsible for managing budgets and investments into market development – work with BE’s, Geo and Country stakeholders
- Collect the feedback from the market (product, pricing, GTM) and build strong link into BE’s and other corporate stakeholders to influence the product development and Cisco GTM strategy
- Engage in strategic deals to win lighthouse projects
- Work closely with PO to develop cluster/country partner development strategy by analyzing the partner TAM CR, cluster/technology coverage gaps.
Who you’ll work with:
In addition to building, leading and coaching your direct team, you will act as a highly-valued business partner in the sales leadership team. You will regularly engage externally with customers and partners, and participate at industry events. You will be required to connect and broker internal communications across Architecture teams, customer & partner account teams, global business units as well as with the pre-sales engineering community.
Who you are:
Should you be interested in this role, you should:
- Come with excellent presentation and communication skills in German and English, and must have the ability to evangelize our message with authority across a broad spectrum of personas - from CxO’s, to deep engineering experts.
- Have a flexible management muscle – meaning that you can flex from the high level CxO communications to hard core engineering problem solving as and when required.
- Be a techie – defined as never ending hunger for knowledge and development of technology – and how it can be utilized for the good of people, companies and countries.
- Have the ability to proactively develop and maintain a team of high-performing sales technical specialists, continually seeking innovative methods for maintaining / improving team morale & performance.
- Have the ability to develop team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives.
- Able to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring required behaviors.
- Able to build the capabilities needed to deliver on the team's short and long term goals, including identification and development of a strong sales pipeline.
- Be ready to support team members by providing transparency and information during organizational changes.
- Come with deep Swiss market understanding and proven track of records in sales
- Have channel sales experience and good Partner ecosystem knowledge
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.