Director, Sales Operations - Collaboration
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are
The Collaboration industry is in its biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. Recent events have spurred transformation of how work gets done, now and in the future – a generational change. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. Opportunity comes from the combination of technology and people. Connect employees, customers, and suppliers to make decisions, resolve customer issues, or address supply-chain challenges. The Cisco collaboration strategy and architecture account for not only the technology but also for what it means to your processes and culture.
Who You’ll Work With
The Director's role is to develop, drive, and align strategies and resources around the biggest opportunities we have for growth. The individual will identify blockers to growth and working with the team, will identify core root issues, and identify options for resolution leveraging resources within the team and across Cisco. Our global team focuses on incubation solutions, as well as programs and strategies to drive Acceleration and Scale with more mature technologies. While we have an immediate impact with our core global team, the real power is in engaging and accelerating the power of the global Cisco field- inclusive of specialists and Account Managers and SEs
What You Will Do
Accelerating the field
* Drive Sales Mindshare (Collab Arch Strategy - Lead)
*create and mine active listening posts to know the state of Collaboration within the field (IC’s and Field leadership – RMs, ODs, VPs)
*develop genuine relationships with field leadership
*identify challenges and gaps
* assist with top deals, force multiply learnings
*identify greatest growth opportunities
*analayze current GTM routes, successes and challenges
*working across Cisco bring cross functional teams together to solve challenges at Cisco global scale
Lead Incubation Sales Teams
*recruit, lead small global incubation sales teams targeted at specific opportunities
*develop clear targets and strategies to achieve growth targets
*identify key practices to replicate globally on a broader scale
*identify blocking issues and remediations
*work closely with customers of all sizes, on a global basis, evangelizing Cisco’s Collaboration story
*uncover opportunities for business impact with our solutions
*gather feedback and trends from our customers to feedback into our product and GTM strategies
* 10+ years’ experience managing and/or directing sales organizations and sales strategy.
* 15+ years’ experience working in the technology industry.
* Experience in strategic sales planning, execution, and policy development.
* Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
* Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
* Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems and drive high performing sales strategies.
* Previous Senior Director level experience in a complex, highly matrixed environment
* Proven leadership ability.
* Ability to act as a delegate of the VP, Sales - Collaboration Architecture and must be comfortable in a visible leadership position
* Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
* Must have a strong ability to multitask.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong tactical skills.
* Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees.
* Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Exceptional service orientation.
* Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to represent Cisco in a large internal and customer-focused conference/industry settings
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!