Director, Learning Experience and Product Management
Location:Offsite, Tampa, Florida, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Director of Learning Experience and Product Management
Cisco Networking Academy
What You’ll Do
Cisco Networking Academy transforms the lives of learners, educators and communities through the power of technology, education and career opportunities. Available to anyone, anywhere.
Who You’ll Work With
Networking Academy is the world's largest and longest running Corporate Social Responsibility education program, through which we’ve trained over 12.6 million people in digital skills over the past 23 years across 180 countries. The program covers introductory to advanced networking, network automation and programmability, cybersecurity, IoT, digital literacy, and entrepreneurship. It is a skills-to-jobs program that offers, not only courses, but also connections to top-quality employment opportunities.
Who You Are
The Networking Academy team is looking to hire a Director of Learning Experience and Product Management to lead teams in creating holistic user experiences and offerings that provide a bridge to career possibilities for learners everywhere.
- Lead Learning Experience and Product Management practice to achieve measurable learner outcomes that are aligned to Networking Academy’s vision and long-term strategy.
- Develop strategy and execution plans of an integrated online learning experience, inclusive of products, services, partnerships, and a platform to enable learner success.
- Evangelize a culture of learner first, built on experimentation, iteration and accountability.
- Develop a learning architecture where multiple learning opportunities and services are provided, leveraging policies and standards to support an integrated environment and partner ecosystem.
- Strategically evaluate available technology for content creation, learner progression, and product and services deployment.
- Actively evaluate user insights, market dynamics, competition and evolution of related technologies to drive future direction of user experiences, product & services portfolio, and partnerships.
- Partner with cross-functional organizations within Corporate Affair and broader Cisco to create a cohesive program-level portfolio and GTM strategy.
- Implement lean and agile processes with operationalized product management workflows while leaving room for flexibility and team-specific needs.
- Hiring, mentoring, and coaching the Learning Experience and Product Management team to adopt changes in fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Qualifications: Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of product management & strategy leadership experience, including managing global teams. 5+ years of experience developing and managing education and training programs for technology platforms, across multiple delivery media.
- Proven ability to drive desired business outcomes by setting a vision, goals and objectives that motivate and inspire the organization to deliver
- A thorough understanding of education and vocational skills market, online eLearning and training solutions is required.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of customer needs, external best practices and internal operations to guide learning experience solutions that drive learner outcomes.
- Strong experience in the education market, leading with deep knowledge of learning technologies.
- Experience understanding modern learners and how learner behavior data influences content development and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and partner with cross-functional and virtual teams, making complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure.
- Proven track record of design, delivery and global rollout of enterprise-class or consumer products to the market.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once successfully and excelling in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills in verbal, written, and presentation with outstanding organization skills to lead cross-functional teams to business success.
Qualifications: Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Disrupt: Promotes innovation and change in order to improve the technology, operations, and business processes needed to execute strategy
- Learn: Builds team capabilities by giving staff the balance of autonomy and support needed to build business and technical skills, resulting in a pipeline of viable candidates for future leaders at Corporate Affairs.
- Collaborate: Works with senior leaders across the organization to develop high-level strategies, align the goals of these groups, and maximize results.
- Execute: Achieves business critical objectives and obtains exceptional business results measured against a combination of adoption, financial, customer, technology, and quality metrics.
- Accelerate: Develops the overall strategy for the Learning Experience and Product Management team and plays a leadership role across Corporate Affairs.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.