Director - Human Resources
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
The Business Entity
Cisco HR is inspiring today’s talent for tomorrow’s Cisco. We develop talent strategies and teams that accelerate Cisco’s business transformation and create an amazing employee experience.
For Cisco, Security is above everything. With solutions that are simple, open and automated, the Security Business Group (SBG) delivers world-class threat intelligence and an integrated portfolio to provide effective security in a world of increasing threats and compromises.
As the lead HR Consultant, you will partner with the SVP/GM of SBG and his leadership team to guide, create and execute Cisco’s talent strategy. You will lead a team of HR consultants who support SBG, Cloud, and DevNet and partner closely with the global HR ecosystem. You will operate across the following areas:
- Collaborate and execute on talent investments that align to SBG’s, Cloud’s, and DevNet’s business strategy and integrates all relevant elements of the HR strategic framework and enterprise talent strategy
- Serve as an executive coach and facilitate talent conversations that result in optimization of leadership’s strengths, actionable development plans, and short and long-term succession planning.
- Consult on organizational design and workforce planning and build associated execution and change management plans.
- Design talent initiatives that accelerate integration between Engineering, Sales, and Customer Experience to enhance leadership capabilities across the Cisco portfolio
- Drive change management initiatives with a focus on shifts to culture, leadership and management requirements, and systems and processes
- Participate in the integration of acquisitions including executive, key player and culture assimilation to ensure success
- Evaluate and recommend rewards differentiation for key roles allowing for strategic retention investments of our top and most critical talent
- Serve as a thought leadership on the evolving role of HR, technology trends, and relevant research while staying informed on external learning trends, best practices, and broader learning strategies
- Lead the HR consulting team to deliver world-class HR support. Coach and develop HR consultants and a dynamic cross-functional team to bring innovative approaches and inspire “outside the box” thinking to meet business objectives
- 12+ years of relevant global HR experience in roles with increasing complexity/scope, with a minimum of 5 years of direct or indirect people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- The ability to communicate succinctly with all levels of the organization including one-on- one coaching and meeting facilitation
- Experience driving large-scale change and connecting HR strategy to business outcomes
- Experience collaborating with and influencing stakeholders across a large-scale, matrixed environment
- Prior consulting experience in technology, software, or enterprise organizations
Successful candidates will have gained the following experiences:
- Team Leadership: building a strong team, assessing and developing capabilities, comfortable leading with both direct and indirect reports in a global, fast-paced environment
- Influence: extensive capacity to influence business leaders individually and collectively and courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address and act in the face of resistance in the best interest of the company
- Change Facilitation: demonstrated results on a large-scale change effort ideally with a focus on people, leadership, and culture in a complex, cross-functional context
- Solutioning: intuitive, systems-focused thinker with strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Business Acumen: understanding of revenue growth models, recurring software subscription models, and collaboration and cloud calling technology
- Driving to Business outcomes: working both strategically and operationally to get results including an experience of working at both ends of the spectrum and discipline to hold self and teams accountable
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.