Director, Executive Compensation
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)remote - virtual
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
The Director of Executive Compensation will be responsible for Cisco’s overall executive compensation function, ensuring programs align with the company’s strategy, and supports a high-performance culture by rewarding and attracting top talent. You will bring progressive thinking and practices to ensure the function continues to serve as a proactive, value-adding business partner, and will manage, coach, and develop a team of compensation professionals to meet the business strategy needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Define, develop, and execute an innovative and competitive executive compensation strategy that supports the vision and integrates into the overall executive talent management strategy
- Lead a high-impact, high-performance, and high-character team of compensation consultants
- Oversee the team’s day-to-day operation, provide mentoring and career development to strengthen their capabilities, build expertise, and foster a collaborative, values-driven culture of execution, high standards, and innovation
- Be a thought leader and strategic consultant across the enterprise on all executive transactions (e.g., new hires, transfers, promotions, separations, special incentives, etc.)
- Manage executive reward solutions by staying up-to-date with local, federal, and international regulations regarding compensation and incentives; understanding and anticipating business changes to develop system requirements for domestic and international markets
- Identify and implement opportunities to simplify and standardize programs and processes
- Proactively recommend enhancements or changes to current compensation programs, policies, and processes for both immediate needs and long-term objectives
Who You’ll Work With
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed People & Communities team focused on enabling executive talent to choose Cisco, ramp quickly, lead beautifully, develop themselves, their successors, and their teams. In this role, you'll work with a diverse set of functions and individuals across the company that are working towards common and critical business objectives. We are a dynamic team that is passionate about accelerating Cisco’s transformation and ensuring our executives are ready to lead in a conscious culture. Reporting into the VP, this Leader will serve as a vital member of the leadership team and will work closely with our key partners in Corporate Compensation, Executive Talent Acquisition, Finance, Legal, Employee Services, and People & Communities.
Who You Are
Adaptable, strategic thinker, and capable of solving complex business issues with great thoughtfulness and attention to detail while ensuring the administration of ongoing programs and practices. You have a broad perspective and extensive knowledge in the design and implementation of best in class executive compensation programs and are dedicated to delivering work of the highest caliber. A creative leader with presence and professional demeanor, constant curiosity fosters your innovative style, and you can equally execute ideas. An effective and persuasive verbal and written communicator, both one-on-one and in a group setting, you demonstrate emotional and situational intelligence and are effective at building strong relationships and influencing at all levels across the organization.
At a minimum, the right fit for the role is a leader with the following background:
- 10+ years of progressive compensation experience, with 5+ years of solid experience working in executive compensation specifically
- In-depth knowledge about the legal, accounting, and tax implications on executive compensation
- Enjoy managing and working with a team and are passionate about their development
- Thought leadership, results-orientation, and a passion for delivering exceptional executive experiences
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence, organizational savviness, execution skills (strategy through implementation), and executive presence
- Experience working effectively with internal clients, including key business partners and senior management, including the c-suite
- Must be effective at sharing ideas and information with peers and business leaders
- A compelling communicator, strong writer, and excellent speaker/storyteller
- Ability to operate in the “gray”, to make calculated and thoughtful choices to develop creative solutions that continue to uphold our principles while still providing flexibility to the business
- Experience working within a large, complex, and matrixed organization
- Ability to recognize synergies, areas for improvement/innovation, and together with the leadership team lead change throughout and across the organization
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool! Pop culture geek - Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.