Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
You will be part of Cisco’s Security Business Group (SBG) working on cutting-edge Software for Cisco’s Advanced Malware Protection platform. You will ensure quality delivery of software and virtual product offerings, across all sizes and segments, including management interfaces, API’s and cross-product integration. Areas of strategic focus include agile delivery, automation, and security efficacy. Engineering leadership plays a role across multiple functions outside of our organization encompassing the whole product delivery process with an Agile approach and use of the latest tools and processes, of course, with a strong focus on quality.
Who You Are
You have a consistent record of accomplishment of delivering high quality and on-time product development.
Who You'll Work With
- You will join a team of seasoned leaders of people and technology building a creative best in class security solution
- You will collaborate with multiple products and engineering groups in Cisco, who are responsible for developing the infrastructure and software products that are used to build our platforms
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- A recognized inspiring leader, with a strong ability to influence others, build consensus, lead teams, engage engineers, and drive towards business and technical decisions.
- Lead organization including hiring and retaining talent, motivating team and inspiring a vibrant and can-do culture.
- Someone who knows the difference between leading and managing and is technically strong enough to roll up his or her sleeves and contribute
- Partner with multi-functional core partners within both infrastructure engineering as well as hosted application SW engineering, to own the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the architecture specifications into working engineering outcomes
- A leader with experience building highly available, scalable, secure software using state of the art process and technology.
- Work closely with the executive team and product management to manage roadmap and execute on taking an MVP to industry-leading product
- Align technology to business strategy, and drive a technical direction throughout the organization
- Passionate about building an excellent software testing process.
- Manage multiple teams consisting of both contract and full-time employees and senior-level technical individuals
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role:
- 15+ years of experience in leading Engineering teams
- Experience in systems software in one or more of the following: General Cyber Security, Big Data platforms, Cloud delivered offerings/SaaS, Malware Protection
- Expertise in automated testing
- Broad and deep technical knowledge and passion for learning new technologies rapidly
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Extremely strong interpersonal, influence and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- Strong business insight and thought leadership
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us