Director, Data Science & Analytics
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data science to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
As Director of Data Science, you will build and lead a central data team, whose mission is to provide the organization with access to clean data, robust tools, and drive data-driven decision making using both simple and advanced analytical techniques.
We are looking for a proven data science leader, with experience and interest in building top-performing teams, guiding the application of data science and machine learning methods, an eye and passion for data quality, and the ability to connect analytics to business impact.
This role is based in San Francisco and be part of our Strategy & Analytics Department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own vision and roadmap for team
- Hire a team of data analysts and scientists to support our strategy, product, and support departments
- Determine and manage pipeline for team’s work and prioritize based on business needs
- Support career paths, mentorship, and growth for team members
- Provide technical direction on key data infrastructure decisions
- Ensure access to high quality data and that consistent metrics and analytical approaches are being adhered to across the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- 5-8 years of experience in business analytics, consulting, data science, business intelligence, data quality, and/or data engineering
- At least 1-2 years of management experience
- PhD or relevant advanced degree is a plus
- Passionate about data quality and consistency
- Demonstrated execution of outcomes against objectives and deadlines
- Strong analytical intuition and business acumen
- Interest in and ability to understand cloud networking technologies
- Sense of urgency to drive impact