Director, Customer Success (People Leader)
Location:Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Service Provider
What You'll Do
At Cisco, we are building the world's best Customer Experience (CX) Team to accelerate the company transition to a recurring revenue software-centric model. We are looking for an amazing leader to lead the Customer Success team for Korea.
In this high-visibility and high-impact role, you will:
- Engage with Sales, Partners and customers to drive the value proposition of Cisco’s Customer Success motion.
- Deliver the overall vision and plan for the theatre for our largest customers to ensure they choose, use and love Cisco technology. Build a very strong interlock with Sales, CX Delivery and Renewals to provide an industry-leading customer experience for Cisco customers on their adoption journey.
- Build and scale an integrated Customer Success team that could grow to employees.
- Drive increases in usage, health scores, and NPS leading to significant increases in annual recurring revenue and renewal rates.
- Empower and inspire the organization through effective communication and leadership.
- Advocate innovation and effectively lead through change.
- Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the Customer Success teams and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Ensure close collaboration with Sales and Renewals teams to build a pipeline of Renewals and Expansion opportunities.
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in customer and/or partner engagement.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you'll regularly influence our CX Leadership Team and your Sales leadership colleagues, enabling them to make effective and informed decisions on CX lifecycle and offers while we transform Cisco's overall sales and go-to-market approach. You'll build a strong network of cross-functional partners across CX, and Cisco to help our business grow profitably.
You will form and lead a high-performing, well-respected team within the Customer Experience organization which exists to make Cisco's customers successful across the customer life cycle. You will know your customers’ needs well and can help develop your team so they delight our customers.
Who You Are
With strong experience of both leading teams through transformation and a passion for customer delight, you have proven the ability to set a vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional team to deliver strong outcomes. You know your customers and you excel at translating their business requirements into a successful and profitable business. You passionately advocate for customers, and you have an obsession with customer success.
You are an excellent teacher and mentor to your team. You can convey the most complex concepts in the simplest of terms. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and multi-cultural business environment and you can work with a range of sensitive and confidential issues.
At a minimum, we require:
- Extensive experience of successful customer facing roles.
- Demonstrable leadership role experience.
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills in English and Korean including experience of presenting in front of large audiences.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.