Director, Corporate Development__ 1307085
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You’ll Do
Cisco Investments Group is seeking a Director, Corporate Development to help execute on Cisco's M&A Strategy. You will be responsible for leading acquisitions and investments for Cisco with a focus on Mass Scale Networking including Mobility/5G, Automation, Core Routing and Edge Cloud. Responsibilities include all aspects of corporate deal making, including but not limited to strategy development, deal sourcing and deal execution, working with internal stakeholders as well as external venture/PE, financial advisory and other partners.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with the business units to develop segment and market strategies
- Develop detailed technology and market analyses of key segments
- Source, screen and propose investments, partnerships and M&A opportunities
- Lead development of detailed financial models including projections, valuation and investment return analyses
- Engage at CXO level to gain approval for investments & acquisitions
- Lead business, financial and customer due diligence
- Build highly effective relationships with the appropriate Business Units and functional teams
Who You’ll Work With
Over the last 20 years, Cisco Investments has invested in hundreds of companies across different segments and helped them build to successful IPOs or acquisitions. We have an active portfolio in excess of $2B, and we also hold Limited Partner positions in over 35 funds globally. Having completed over 200 acquisitions to date, the team has unparalleled experience and visibility across the tech industry and Cisco’s leadership team. The role will be part of the Mass Scale Infrastructure and Customer Experience M&A team, which is passionate about the transitions occurring in the Service Provider and Core Services market segment.
Who You Are
You have exceptional experience identifying new investment and acquisition opportunities, building the strategy and business case in close partnership with business unit leaders, leading all stages of acquisition and investment process, and negotiating deal terms.
You are able to lead discussions with executives both inside and outside the company and make decisions that have a high degree of strategic and financial impact.
- 10+ years’ experience in the networking industry and experience in investment banking, venture capital or corporate development.
- Strong M&A Selected Transaction experience
- Strategy and deal experience across the Core Networking, Mobility/5G, Automation, Cloud, Services or Networking Software sector
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Standout colleague with excellent collaboration skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Highly self-motivated, passionate and ability to thrive in fast changing environments
- Bachelors (EE or CS preferred)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.